Levo Gen 2 Yoke replacement

Ddc6284

Oct 30, 2018
Saint Louis MO
Anyone know a link to buy rear shock yoke?

My dumb ass ? totally stripped the lower shock bolt. I tried all night to get it off. Going to take it up to my Lbs to have them give it a go.

Really pisses me off when I don't take my time and ruin things... Especially bike stuff.

Ddc6284

Oct 30, 2018
Saint Louis MO
If I cart get this damn bolt off.

Doesn't the Levo and Stuntjumper use the same yoke?

Stuntjumper is the only one I can find for sale.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
I'm a bit puzzled. Sounds like you have rounded off the bolt head so you can't undo it. Shouldn't need a new yoke?

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Anyone know a link to buy rear shock yoke?

My dumb ass ? totally stripped the lower shock bolt. I tried all night to get it off. Going to take it up to my Lbs to have them give it a go.

Really pisses me off when I don't take my time and ruin things... Especially bike stuff.
If your LBS can't help you try these Fellas
Top notch kit and great service

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Are you saying a 6mm allen key will no longer remove the bolt because it is rounded off? If so, getting a new yoke is not going to help, nor is it necessary. You need a hex bolt extractor and then a new bolt.

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Not to sure if the yoke is the same as the Stumpy's but I remember a video on EMBN which covered the yoke on the Levo. I think it's this one. Hope it helps.

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
If I cart get this damn bolt off.

Doesn't the Levo and Stuntjumper use the same yoke?

Stuntjumper is the only one I can find for sale.

Just remembered, the part you are looking for is 'S194300001'.
Hope this helps ?

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
It's not clear to me if the OP is asking for the link (p/n S194300001 above) or the yoke, which connects the shock to the link. I have not found a Spesh p/n for the yoke. Yes, the subject says yoke, but he has not said that the link references are not what he needs.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I just changed the shock on my Levo. Worth pointing out a couple of things, one of which is relevant to this thread.
Firstly, the job is really simple and takes a bout 10 minutes and the only potential problem if you do not take care is the rear bolt. The bolt screws upwards through the rear shock eye , the flip chip and the yoke which attaches it to the rear linkage and there is limited room below the bolt head. That bolt is torqued to 23.7 nm so pretty tight for an allen key but a good quality ( and size) allen key is the right tool for the job in order to stay square on to the head. It is also best to take the pressure off the bolt before trying to remove it by removing the rear wheel and then jamming a rag between the yoke and the seat post. That still leaves enough free play of the rear linkage to align the bolt when replacing it.
For tightening the best tool combo is first the allen key, and then a small torque wrench, short hex extension and 6mm hex bit......again , in order to stay square to the head of the bolt.
Second thing is that having watched a few videos of changing the rear shock, none of them did any bolt preparation prior to re-installation. The bolts should be cleaned, the shafts greased ( and the lower shock eye/flip chip ) and some locktite applied to the threads. As per usual bolts secured with locktite should be left to sit for 24 hours before use.
ps upper 5mm bolt torque is 10.2nm.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles