Yamaha Vs Bosh ….

Motohawk75

Dec 30, 2020
U.K.
Hey up

On my mission to find the perfect bike for me I had a ride on a pals Giant Trance E+0 2021 with the Yam motor and was amazed by both the bike and the motor ! Fast turning and stable bike and the motor was amazingly strong on climbs !
I didn’t get to stretch it on the flat stuff tho so can anyone let me know how it compares at the mid to top end compared with the Bosh ? I have heard it runs flat quickly any truth behind that ? ….

pampmyride

Dec 28, 2020
Sussex Massif
I've got the Yam in my Haibike Allmtn 7. Torquey engine. 1000 reliable miles to date. My riding pals reckon it has the edge (just) on hill climbs over the bosch & spesh motors - it certainly isn't my legs! 20 - 70 mile range on 600w - depending on mode/hills/your legs etc.

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
Can't compare it to a Bosch but over the cutoff limit the Yamaha is a bit draggy and harder to pedal. The yam is a great motor with a lot of torque and requires very little cadence to get good power out of it.

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
On my mission to find the perfect bike for me I had a ride on a pals Giant Trance E+0 2021 with the Yam motor and was amazed by both the bike and the motor ! Fast turning and stable bike and the motor was amazingly strong on climbs !
Finding what we perceive is "Our perfect bike" is a never ending challenge.

Sometimes, riding something, thinking wow ! - Maybe that's enough. Every bike will feel different in different ways and have positives and negatives. If you've ridden something you like, maybe save yourself a lot of pain and time and go for that - enjoy it. Then don't question it, just get on with it.

The Yamaha and the Bosch both give excellent range on their lowest assist mode if that's what you've looking for.

Just be aware that there is a new Trance due out soon with the new Yamaha PWX-3 motor which is smaller, lighter, more powerful (more on a par with the Bosch gen4) but slightly noisier.

Remember though that you won't use "more power" for your whole ride and the more power your motor has, if you use it, the less range you'll have.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles