Yamaha 600wh Battery Fault on my 2021 Allmtn 6.0

dad_hype_ian

Jul 2, 2021
Stockport
Hi. After 3 months of faultless use my battery or charger has developed a fault. I always remove my battery after a ride and store/charge it indoors. Plugged it in last night and left it on. Just happened to look at it a bit later and the LED's were flashing like I've not seen before. Top two and bottom two LED's flashing alternatively. Put it in the bike and the computer screen showed an error. I think it was 71 or 74. Took it out and after looking on Google pressed the button for 10 seconds and 30 seconds. Tried charging again. Looked like it was working for 20 seconds but then the two LED's started flashing again. Put it back in the bike but no error now and working fine but only 3/4 charged. Took out battery to try one more time to charge but still the two LED's flashing alternatively. So the bike/motor is fine. It's an issue with the battery or charger I think. Anyway, it's back at the bike shop today where I bought it and just waiting to here back.

Anyone had this/know how its solved? I'll be devastated if I'm waiting months for a new battery.

Joan

Jul 12, 2021
Barcelona
I had the same error when I lost the front plastic cover of the battery and entered water, mud an so on.

First of all I cleaned all the connectors with electrical contact cleaner. Then a cleared the error log from the yamaha display.
And never had this issue again.

I know people are experience the same issue and they adjusted the frame connectors and they could fix the problem.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles