Wyldbuck?

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Anyone seen or ridden one of the two Wyldbuck bikes? Seem to be Yorkshire based, using Bafang motors. Just came across them and wondering if anyone (Rob!) has been able to test one..?

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Not saying it's bad in any way, but it looks like a catalog bike and then thrown together some components.
I'd be worried about spending my hard-earned dosh and not having a manufacturer back up?

Kilham5

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Mar 12, 2020
North Yorkshire
A quick Google reveals a MR JAAN SHANAKA VISHWAJITH CONGANEEGE ANTHONY registered trademarks of ORYX in 2020
Then registered with Companies House as ORYX E-bikes Limited in 2020.
His previous disolved businesses are in Leeds and Barnsley, but ORYX E-bikes is registered in Old Street, London.

Looks like a start up, hoping to exploit a burgeoning (but competitive) e-bike sector.
Just like Santa Cruz was a start up exploiting the then burgeoning ful sus sector.
Starting out of a single garage in 1994 (okay, way cooler cuz Californian bro)

Of course ORYX are sourcing chinese frames and components, no different to most big name brands.
And anyone can knock a pro looking website together these days with convincing looking marketing lingo.
"Wyldbuck eMTB was born after hours of riding the rugged, demanding terrain of Yorkshire"

The bikes don't look utterly mingin, but perhaps well overpriced for the spec and lack of trusted brand (for what that might be worth)

Best of luck to the entrepeneur... he will need it in fashion driven market.

Last edited:

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Thanks both, pretty much what I had thought. Kilham5, very much appreciate your detective work there 👊

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles