Would you ride this trail section?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
If so - we were supposed to be riding it when we went out there a couple of years ago, but the weather was too poor on that particular day, so didnt get to it.

I suspect I would have been off and pushing at points along that trail. Assuming its as narrow as the camera makes it look

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
I would love to ride it! Not as fast as that for sure, if I crashed at least someone would find the bike ;)
22AD26AE-B14D-4418-9404-EE5700C9DF22.jpeg

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Nope! I hate exposure so much. Problem is, many of our best trails around here are very exposed, so either you come to terms with it or stay off. Even walking on an "intermediate" rated trail had a point inching along feet and tires precariously balanced on the edge of a sheer cliff. I think it could be fun to go back and hike that trail again with the right shoes and some hiking poles, but not with a bike.

The first and only time I did Middle Sam Merrill our local rescue helicopter had plucked a rider who fell off and into the canyon just before we started. In August we had a fatality from a fall on Sunset - a super popular cliffside trail that also has a lot of scare stories attached to it.

Even some of our fire roads have to be taken seriously. This was April on the Mt Wilson Toll Road:

Mountain biker rescued hanging head-first off a cliff on Mt. Wilson in Angeles National Forest - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles