Would you ride it? Turbo Creo SL with all new motor

ofcounsel

Apr 20, 2020
Brea, CA
NICE! You know the area well! I live in Brea, myself about 2 miles from the trailhead. This was my very first shakedown ride on the Creo, so I only went up to Four Corners from Carbon Canyon Regional Park. I learned the dropper post was useful, but I need to adjust the reach on the GRX levers. They were too hard to pull un when I was in the drops. Next time, I'll be riding up Telegraph from Carbon Canyon to Chino Hills, then up Bovinian to SouthRidge, and Southridge back to Carbon Canyon. After that, I might venture up Faultline and Raptor Ridge and the rest of the park as well.

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
93483623_1088160338228301_476904174886322176_n (2).jpg

Canmore TLCC 29

Jun 16, 2020
Canmore, AB Canada
Would you ride this? The new eRoad bike motor. Maybe we will see it trickle into EMTB one day?

Thank you Rob for starting this thread! This is an old one, but still pertinent to people interested in the Turbo Creo. I purchased last years Turbo Creo Comp Carbon yesterday. I have plans to ride the same mountainous climbs available to me in the Canadian Rockies as I have ridden for the past 10 years of living here. I ride my Turbo Levo all winter on local trail with good studded tires, and have a blast, even when the temperature is below -20C (-4F). Now the trails are getting really slippery with ice melt, and sloppy with mud, so I avoid theme until they dry up a bit. Typically I rode my 2000 MY carbon frame Trek Pilot 5.0 two to three days a week when the temperature warm up, with serious climbs once a week or every 2 weeks. Now that I have a Turbo Creo, I will use it on recovery days, and continue riding the Pilot to reach my best possible condition. Yes, some might want to call me 67 year old "fatty" at 100 kg, ( range 15 to 16 stone). I have had knee and heart issues. Heart issues were likely caused by an enlarged heart after years of road bike riding. Yes, years of stubbornly continuing on steep climbs as your heart beats out of your chest can result in heart issues if you haven't conditioned yourself properly for your ride. Knee issues resulted after years of downhill skiing and off season reduced activity which results in a decline in quad muscle mass. Go figure. Yes, good quads do protect your knees. This was something I learned from a sports medicine doc three years ago. He was right because I no longer have any knee issues.

Being able to get out on the Turbo Levo 2 years ago has made a huge difference in my health, and I know the Turbo Creo will likely help me reach top fitness levels for someone my age without risking further long term damage to my heart or knees.

Now I just wish there were more Turbo Creo threads here because I have a lot to learn about how I can get the most out of the limited battery capacity.

Again, thank you Rob for this thread. I agree that name calling is unappreciated, but I had to get the "Fatty" dig in somewhere because people who post stuff like are not adding anything of value to these discussions.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles