Would like peoples opinions on the damage to my new bike.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
Ask the shop about warranty on just the frame! Nothing else as i guarantee warranty has already been claimed on the frame & was offered cheap to shop with no warranty on the frame only on other parts I bet specialized U.K. have already claimed on the frame if they are main distributor to shops that’s my hunch

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Don't ask the shop anything, just get a refund, walk away, and buy your bike elsewhere. I would never again deal with an LBS that has taken the p1ss like they have. And believe me, they have taken the p1ss.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
According to the shop both party’s knew the issue and they buy it at a discount and sell it on as shop soiled.
These are purchased at a massive discount from Specialized. They are known as ‘blemished’ stock and dealers get them at a fraction of the cost.

Said dealer should be doing these at massive discounts, not a measly £100 off what a new version costs.

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
because at the time it was the only thing available in my size. at the time the non marked ones where full price (2k more) so for a few marks it was a no brainer. however a day or 2 later they added the non marked ones for only £100 more than mine. And thats where we got to. They have the bike back now and im proabably going to go for the carbon pro version instead and will be ready monday. They dont have anything else in the 22 year in my size
Hmmm, I’m confused by this, you say you saved £100 then comment about unmarked being 2k more… so what was the £100 discount from?

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
These are purchased at a massive discount from Specialized. They are known as ‘blemished’ stock and dealers get them at a fraction of the cost.

Said dealer should be doing these at massive discounts, not a measly £100 off what a new version costs.
See my question following… is his comment regarding discount confusing for anyone else?

capposteve

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2023
Cornwall
Hmmm, I’m confused by this, you say you saved £100 then comment about unmarked being 2k more… so what was the £100 discount from?
I have mentioned this above in another comment. When buying it an unmarked one was full price at £6k. This one was 4799 and thought for a couple scratches that hella saving. However when I went back a few days later a new unmarked one was only £100 more. Annoying that I wasn’t made aware of this before

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK
Did you pay by credit card .
If so return the bike snd claim the money from your card as you have purchase protection .
Unless they highlighted every bit of ' shop soiled' in a list to you prior to sale then they breeched customer service .

If you accepted just a few scratches and chips that's fine but ask yourself this , would you have bought it with the headtube damage 🤔

The shops in the wrong here .

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
If the bike was not red I would have done the same thing as you & bought it at that discounted price - it was quite a deal for a few scratches & if you know there'll be a few more once you start riding then it's all good, so your initial decision wasn't a bad one.
Once I'd discovered the headtube I would have gone through all the five stages of grief & then settled on anger as the default emotion :LOL: I don't think I'd be welcome back at your bike store.
So question is what are you gonna get now???

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
God just reading through this thread. Certini should get trading standards on them, £100 off? that bike belongs in the bin.
That's serious frame damage not a scratch or a blem bike.

If certini bought this as damaged and cant get a new frame under warranty, how are you meant to get any warranty work done if futher damage occurs?

capposteve

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2023
Cornwall
So here is the outcome. Ended up with this beaut of a pro. The original bike is being prepped for resale again. o_O

IMG_1497.jpeg

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
and here she is, with no mention of any damage at all. Shocking (n)

Unbelievably, Imagine you order it online and it comes with that head tube? Some newbie rider gets it and never checks it until a shop tells him about it months later then Certini deny it was there doing.

Crooks.

IW78

Oct 12, 2022
Unterfranken/Germany
When i bough my first Fully in 2016 a Rocky Mountain Altitude 750 MSL Rally it was a Shop Bike with low Miles on it. A few Days later there was a rattle… dismounted the Grips and a lot of Rocks came out of the Bar. Then there was a Sram Sticker on the Seattube and under it a Crack in the Frame. Ended up with a new Frame but it tooks six Weeks to get it. Last time i bought a used Bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles