Wireless remote

Kiwiman

Jan 31, 2020
New Zealand
Hi team. Slowly getting away with most cables. Just installed axs. Has someone come across any neat small wireless remote. Cheers

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I intend to get rid of the remote completely.
I’m still new to the bike, and figuring out my Mission Control settings. Once I know what I like, I’m going to take the remote off, and seal up the connector.

I have an AXS shifter and have an AXS dropper on order... so this will make my bars much cleaner with only brake hoses.

For the odd occasion I need to change the mode, I can just press the TCU button.

Kiwiman

Jan 31, 2020
New Zealand
I’m still new to the bike, and figuring out my Mission Control settings. Once I know what I like, I’m going to take the remote off, and seal up the connector.

I have an AXS shifter and have an AXS dropper on order... so this will make my bars much cleaner with only brake hoses.

For the odd occasion I need to change the mode, I can just press the TCU button.
hi I installed the axs shifter today. What an amazing piece of kit. No 170 mm axs droppers available in New Zealand at present. I would have thought someone could’ve already come up w a Bluetooth remote. The Garmin one looks odd. I don’t mind the current one but without the cable.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
hi I installed the axs shifter today. What an amazing piece of kit. No 170 mm axs droppers available in New Zealand at present. I would have thought someone could’ve already come up w a Bluetooth remote. The Garmin one looks odd. I don’t mind the current one but without the cable.

I'm sure they could make a bluetooth one - but it'd probably end up being 3x the size once they put a reasonable battery in it.
The AXS shifter takes a bit of getting used to, but the shifts are so quick and concise.
My dropper has been on back order for nearly 3 weeks. Due any day now though :)

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire

The SL I have planned in my head has this arrangement. I currently have di2 and a switch to the SL would feel like a loss of neatness (the e7000 mode and shifters are incredibly neat even if wired).

The real question though is how much does the the SL remote weigh? ?

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
The real question though is how much does the the SL remote weigh? ?

Got some new scales, and had them calibrated yesterday ;)
Remote, cable, and it's got a reasonable sized plug on the end. Got to be a good few g's in that!

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
I have absolutely no experience with this item, but figured I'd post it up in case you are interested. I "think" you can use any wireless remote implementing the LEV protocol over ANT+, for example LEV multiremote

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles