Winters here - Lights and Slop wear

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading
Endura Humvee Waterproof Trousers and Altura Nightvision Twilight jacket saved me yesterday as was caught in torrential rainstorm 3 miles from home.

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
Any recommendations on gloves that survive a downpour without feeling like plastic bags that are wetter inside than out would also be interesting to hear.

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Pretty impressed with Lezyne for lights, got a 1,500 lumen for the front, an old 750 lumen helmet-mounted, and an alert one with a 'brake light' for the rear. Enough power for me without spending loads ?? I like the bungee-mount on their front lights, easy to switch between bikes, any size of bar, doesn't need a bracket permanently mounted. The USB charging connector is a bit delicate though, only downside.

The main thing is they've been 100% reliable for years. Had (old) Lumicycles and Exposures before and they both let me down when out riding in the dark. Not good ?

Lezyne

Mattzzzzzz

Oct 2, 2020
Nottingham UK
Pretty impressed with Lezyne for lights, got a 1,500 lumen for the front, an old 750 lumen helmet-mounted, and an alert one with a 'brake light' for the rear. Enough power for me without spending loads ?? I like the bungee-mount on their front lights, easy to switch between bikes, any size of bar, doesn't need a bracket permanently mounted. The USB charging connector is a bit delicate though, only downside.

The main thing is they've been 100% reliable for years. Had (old) Lumicycles and Exposures before and they both let me down when out riding in the dark. Not good ?

Lezyne
Wow Exposure let you down, for the price that would really upset me!?

tartu71

Aug 4, 2020
EE
20201029_125651.jpg

My china-ebay lights. All together under 100€. Plenty of light. Search for "skyray" and "headlight torch".

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
I've had a Chilli-Tech 960 lumen light for a couple of months and it's amazing, especially for the price. I have a Aliexpress light too, which is not so good.

Get the 960 with the bigger battery: CREE Bike Light Deal * SUPERBRIGHT *

I also have a Gloworm X2 that I've had for a couple of weeks, expensive, but it is great. Couldn't ask for more light with those 2 lights. If you sign up to the newsletter, you get 15% discount: Luminous Light Systems | Luminous Mountain Bike Lights

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles