Wild FS chain guard rubbing on the chain: advice sought

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
Hi
I have a new Wild M10 and on my first proper ride in the British mud last weekend the chain / chain-guard was making an awful rubbing noise when using the larger sprockets on the cassette (I know the 12 speed set up asks a lot of the chain with the angles its required to work at)
When cleaning the bike afterwards I adjusted the guard (out of interest) so it was above the chain and noticed the angle that the guard was pointing showed that the chain would always rub on the guide (the angle was so great)
Could someone advise how I would overcome this or send me pictures of how the guard should look in relationship to its position

Thank you

Jdof

Nov 6, 2021
Chile
Hi
I have a new Wild M10 and on my first proper ride in the British mud last weekend the chain / chain-guard was making an awful rubbing noise when using the larger sprockets on the cassette (I know the 12 speed set up asks a lot of the chain with the angles its required to work at)
When cleaning the bike afterwards I adjusted the guard (out of interest) so it was above the chain and noticed the angle that the guard was pointing showed that the chain would always rub on the guide (the angle was so great)
Could someone advise how I would overcome this or send me pictures of how the guard should look in relationship to its position

Thank you
Hi, rotate the chain guide forward. take a look at the picture
DC797B97-86DC-4772-94AF-A6DF748F1DC8.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles