Wild FS Bosch cx4 clunking noise

ionut.holbia

Dec 31, 2020
Lausanne
Sounds like the standard gen 4 Bosch rattle to me... Have you only just started noticing it?

Check here for my examples and also some ways to recreate the noise to rule in/out - Rail - Normal Bosch rattle? - EMTB Forums

I think this year I started to improved my riding skills and rode more aggressive and the noise was much more present.
I also did a service and replaced my shifting cables and I was blaming that… but it is the motor :).
It’s a bit annoying… on the next bike I will do more research on how quiet the motor is. For sure the EP8 will not be on the list

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
...sounds to me like the freehub engagement.........and it seems a bit excessive so I would strip the cassette and freehub and take a look.

ionut.holbia

Dec 31, 2020
Lausanne
...sounds to me like the freehub engagement.........and it seems a bit excessive so I would strip the cassette and freehub and take a look.

Don't think the freehub it's not engaged at all. The sound is only from the chain ring. It sounds from the motor.

Oupy

Feb 22, 2022
Australia
Yep I'm always suprised when people say they haven't heard it on their gen 4 bosch! Any trail remotely rough and it's there. I even hear it just lifting and moving my bike around the garage!

You do tune it to a degree though once you realise its normal.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles