WILD FS: basic question, any feedback re hosing the bike down, the motor area is very exposed

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
Hi all,

I've got my new WILD.... its being invisiframed as I write

I have come from riding a LEVO where the motor is encased and I hosed the bike down down after every muddy British ride...
The WILD motor casing as you know does not fully encase the motor due to the vents.... my question is do you have to be very careful not to aim the hose in this area whilst cleaning the bike? (just to clarify, I do not power-wash, just a garden hose). Is the Bosch motor/ electrics pretty good at handling water?
Any experiences would be very welcome

thank you

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
its just a protector mate the sealed motor is behind that, just dont wash upside down
Thank you nomad66
Does mud congregate in the protector, do you take it off regularly to clean etc

also, is the protector pretty strong? will it take a hit eg if you pumped the front wheel over a fallen tree to get over it?

cheers

Steve

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
According to bosch you dont need to take any particular care, just dont use high pressure.

as well as not using high pressure I dont directly spray on the crank axle, just for added precaution - dont know if I need to be that careful though.

Mud does gather in between the protector and the motor, but it doesnt seem to do any harm, I just leave it.

And yes the motor protector is pretty tough, I have whacked it on all sorts and whilst it is scratched up, it has not cracked.

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
I try and keep water away from the motor area whilst cleaning the bike , I even go as far as installing a battery connector cap thing , masking tape up the battery cover/ key hole never any water inside once cleaned , takes 5mins to do ?
I do remove the motor cover every time I clean the bike and use a small stiff brush to clean all the crud from around the wires etc then clean with contact cleaner I find working on bikes very therapeutic so don't mind doing it , total overkill but hey ho ?

Top tip just remove one side of the cover at a time or the small metal plate thing for the front two cover bolts falls out either on the floor or into the frame if upside down and it's a pain to get back in ?

Does the oring behind the nut do anything I put a new one on and it's minced already after tightening the nut again ?

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
I always remove the battery before a gentle hose down followed by microfibre wash down. I never point the hose directly at the motor and just let the running water do it’s thing.

To get mud out those hard to get places I use a little soft brush, a paint brush would do. Great for doing pedals as well.

After a quick floss in between the tyre treads …… (yes that bits made up).

The motor is a sealed unit, until it isn’t. Why risk it if you don’t have to.

kneesliding

Jun 11, 2021
Germany
Hi all,

I've got my new WILD.... its being invisiframed as I write

Hey, any pictures of the frame with the insiframe fitted?

My Wild M10 ist coming this week, and I've ordered the invisiframe kit,was just interested in how it looks, especially around the headset and the crank area.

:)

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
I'll take some pics and upload; it will be a couple of days
The kit fits really well around the technical areas. I went for gloss which suits the colour (grey); just be prepared to have the bottom bit of the frame just above the motor to go from a matt black colour to a shinier finish once the kit is on.
I have installed IF twice on previous bikes but this time I paid for an expert; on reflection I think was the best move as its really good

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles