Whyte e160s rear shock

ashleydwsmith

Apr 15, 2022
Guildford uk
I want to upgrade the rear shock on my 2023 e160s.
But odd sizing 230x57.5 apparently this is extremely difficult to find!
Could I go 230x60 easily would I need to do anything?

JonnyManc

Apr 18, 2023
Cumbria
I want to upgrade the rear shock on my 2023 e160s.
But odd sizing 230x57.5 apparently this is extremely difficult to find!
Could I go 230x60 easily would I need to do anything?
I found the same thing, but my local bike shop said that they can get the correct size (I've gone for the Float X Performance Elite). They then clarified this be mentioning that its initially a larger shock that gets 'shortened' (dont know how...hacksaw!? :ROFLMAO:) to fit.

For reference, I have the e160 s too

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
it is best to stick to the original stroke length to a void any potential frame damage. Stroke travel is easilly shortened DIY on quite a few shocks simply by using 2.5mm spacers...so your 60mm stroke shock would just need one spacer. If the shop is sourcing the shock and it is one of the simple ones to a djust it should not involve any additional cost.

ashleydwsmith

Apr 15, 2022
Guildford uk
it is best to stick to the original stroke length to a void any potential frame damage. Stroke travel is easilly shortened DIY on quite a few shocks simply by using 2.5mm spacers...so your 60mm stroke shock would just need one spacer. If the shop is sourcing the shock and it is one of the simple ones to a djust it should not involve any additional cost.
I think I’m going to go Rockshox super delux ultimate now saves faffing with spring etc

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles