Who else thinks automode sucks?

anfos

May 1, 2021
Greece
I don't use it either, it is slow to give power at first then it gives more power than needed on flat terrain (and in general).
I guess it's normal as it can't know the rider's abilities/power output as well.

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
Hello, in the plains or where there is little slope in my opinion provides too much assistance, it makes no sense to use it, indeed in the plains I turn off the bike directly because this last yamaha pedals very well and has no unnecessary friction. But when the slopes are important I find that the automatic mode is useful, occasionally I use it with satisfaction

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
My understanding is the dealer sets the by default mode or maybe it is not the same over the years.
I always use 1 to 5 lights or rarely nothing.
I love the system but the auto assist is not designed for me.

Mr Dog

Sep 26, 2021
Switzerland
If automode was the only option, I'd never buy a Giant emtb. I'm I alone?
Is this in relation to the newest version of the motor or the earlier ones? Or is it the same?

I just ordered a 22 Reign E and was hoping that the auto mode is similar to Bosch’s Emtb mode. Sounds like I may be disappointed.

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
Is this in relation to the newest version of the motor or the earlier ones? Or is it the same?

I just ordered a 22 Reign E and was hoping that the auto mode is similar to Bosch’s Emtb mode. Sounds like I may be disappointed.
Before 2022 the system is great and simple. 1 light = max distance, 5 lights max assist so it is easy to select if we want more assist or more distance. You can get used to it in a few rides.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles