Anyone else ever done this.

Tmeyer37

Jun 22, 2020
Fremont, CA
I was still getting squeaky brakes so I pulled the rear pads on my lunch break to clean them up a bit but didn't fully put it back together, I planned on doing so after work. Well a few hours went by and my buddy invited me to go on a last minute ride so I quickly loaded up and since my brake pads were in the caliper I forgot to put the retaining pin back in so a few miles into my ride on a steep down hill my brake pads went flying.

On a brighter note after about an hour of calling around local shops I found the pads (almost no one has them in stock and they are backordered for at least a month)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I've put the pin in, but didn't bend the end of the split pin far enough. Fortunately it fell out when I was putting the bike onto the two bar rack and I saw it on the floor. Close call!
I much prefer the ones that you screw in and then add a circlip. Failsafe (as long as you use them!!!)

Tmeyer37

Jun 22, 2020
Fremont, CA
I've put the pin in, but didn't bend the end of the split pin far enough. Fortunately it fell out when I was putting the bike onto the two bar rack and I saw it on the floor. Close call!
I much prefer the ones that you screw in and then add a circlip. Failsafe (as long as you use them!!!)
Yup that what mine is the thread in style. But it does no good siting on the shelf

20200803_195309.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles