Which brands have transferable warranties?

Rubble

Jan 21, 2022
Exeter, Devon
Are you planning on buying/selling a bike based only on whether it has a transferable warranty when there are several more important factors to consider? Consider color for instance.
Either. Really nice poverty spec Mondraker Neat going for 1.6k below new price, quite some distance frome. Not been ridden. All paperwork present so not pinched. Can upgrade parts with savings But no transferable warranty so I what to do?

Likewise, if I bought at full price from a shop, who would buy it later if I wanted to get rid of it?

Repeat consideration for other brands. Just got me thinking. Looking up and finding all brands' differing warranty situations is a ball ache so thought I'd ask the hive mind.

Jul 6, 2023
Bellingham and Rotorua
Ari, formerly Fezzari, now has a transferrable warranty. I've ordered one that I can pick up May 1st when I move back to the USA. I also want their trail one, but only have money for one right now. My wife rides professionally for the brand and I've owned a few now. Sweet rides for sure.

aribikes.com
aribikes.com
aribikes.com

Transferable Warranty

Explore the freedom of cycling with Ari Bikes, your premier destination for high-quality bicycles designed for every rider. From rugged mountain bikes to sleek road bikes and versatile electric bikes, our innovative designs and commitment to experience empower you to embark on adventures.
aribikes.com
aribikes.com

Rocky mountain also does transfers on normal, probably ebikes too
Pole bicycles do a warranty transfer

fibersnap

Jul 6, 2023
USA
Is there a catch where the original owner must register the warranty with the brand within a window of purchase?
I just bought Orbea for first time and was surprised to learn that one must register within a month or two of buying to gain lifetime warranty on frame.

Rubble

Jan 21, 2022
Exeter, Devon
Is there a catch where the original owner must register the warranty with the brand within a window of purchase?
I just bought Orbea for first time and was surprised to learn that one must register within a month or two of buying to gain lifetime warranty on frame.
😬

dariusf

Mar 6, 2024
USA
Trek and Specialized do. You'll need it with Specialized.
Are there many know issues with Specialized ebikes? Years ago I had a 2006 Specialized Epic Comp mountain bike and rode it hard for several years with zero issues. Becore that we had couple Specialized Hard Rocks with zero issues but those were asphalt and gravel use only.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Yep same here I brought a rise and had to register within a month or there was no warranty

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Specific motors? I had my torque sensor go bad in Bafang M800 after 3k miles.
Go take a look in the levo threads for more details.

But basically all the Brose ones which are all very similar hence the naming being specialized 1.2, 1.3 etc. Their SL motors from Mahle have similar reliability as other brands I believe.

I was talking to a guy who bought 3 levos for himself and his 2 (adult) kids. They went through 6 motors in 2 summers...

That said Shimano currently has just as bad a reputation... All of them will claim they made updates and everything is fixed now, but we need to wait until a lot of riders have put miles on them before believing their BS.

cabbynate

Sep 30, 2019
Las Vegas NV
I thought that was against US law to require registration.
I think your right. If you buy a new one and didn't register it I would try and see if it goes through. If it doesn't I wouldn't worry about it. A letter from an attorney will sort it out very quickly.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles