Where are all the HaiBike riders?

eebit

Patreon
Subscriber
Sep 27, 2018
Germany
Ripping this thing at the moment, 2019 AllMtn 6.0 . Looks amazing, and a solid allrounder on the trails. Just switched to 2.5 tyres instead of the stock 2.8's. Feels more agile and it's easier to put it where I want it now.
IMG_6459.jpg

JoshDwnHll

Sep 22, 2018
South Australia
Bosch are the best to deal with when it comes to warranty not to mention always trying to look after the previous model motors with updates etc

Unlike most i actually prefer the external battery and im currently saving for a second one for longer trips.

Ive done a few upgrades on my dwnhllpro to get it riding the way i like and now it just flys down everything

I found that haibikes medium is very big and would be more like a large with other manufacturers

20180802_210650.jpg

20180617_161647.jpg

20180802_210701.jpg

eebit

Patreon
Subscriber
Sep 27, 2018
Germany
Here is my latest love. But the number of pedal strikes is bonkers. I dont get it...

View attachment 5704
Buy some 155 length cranks, I got some a year ago and would never go back to longer ones. You can pedal through anything it's so much better. I also find it more balanced somehow when cruising with your pedals level. No down side as far as I can tell. In action:

eebit

Patreon
Subscriber
Sep 27, 2018
Germany
You fitted these to a Bosch, does the Yamaha have the same cranks?
I have them on my 2018 AllMtn 8.0 Yamaha PW-X bike. The 2019 AllMtn 6.0 above has longer cranks, and I actually had a massive highside into the bushes after clipping a root on the inside of a corner last ride on it as I wasn't used to them! Will never use cranks longer than 160mm again if possible on an eBike.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I have them on my 2018 AllMtn 8.0 Yamaha PW-X bike. The 2019 AllMtn 6.0 above has longer cranks, and I actually had a massive highside into the bushes after clipping a root on the inside of a corner last ride on it as I wasn't used to them! Will never use cranks longer than 160mm again if possible on an eBike.

Reminds me of what happened to me earlier this year, damn pedal strikes!

6CE62590-ED5B-4489-9C55-739547EE3F39.gif

eebit

Patreon
Subscriber
Sep 27, 2018
Germany
@eebit

Did you get a chance to try the Flyon when you where at the photoshoot?

I have ridden prototypes of it. The motor is far above and beyond anything else on the market. On steepish uphills where you normally go around 14-16 Km/h with a Bosch or Yamaha motor, you easily hit 25 Km/h. I made climbs on it that I didn't get anywhere close to making on my other bikes. Can't wait to try the finished bike!

BJep

Patreon
Aug 15, 2018
Grayshott
I notice your bike is a Fullseven.
What's your measurement from centre of crank to ground.
I have 324mm on my Fullnine
I measure 325mm on mine, unladen. However I think my issue is a mixture of too much sag (40%), BB/crank width, and slightly larger pedals. I'll sort the sag before I replace the cranks, then learn to ride my bike better!

rocky.28965

Sep 29, 2018
Central Otago, NZ
I measure 325mm on mine, unladen. However I think my issue is a mixture of too much sag (40%), BB/crank width, and slightly larger pedals. I'll sort the sag before I replace the cranks, then learn to ride my bike better!

For my weight mine should be at 110psi but I'll put it up to 140psi & see how that goes.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I have ridden prototypes of it. The motor is far above and beyond anything else on the market. On steepish uphills where you normally go around 14-16 Km/h with a Bosch or Yamaha motor, you easily hit 25 Km/h. I made climbs on it that I didn't get anywhere close to making on my other bikes. Can't wait to try the finished bike!
The FLYON has huge interest, really looking forward to this one ?

mymodel6

Oct 2, 2018
Hertfordshire

Fooking nice!!

Was so close to getting one of these but the Mrs wanted a Kenevo, there was no budging her and i thought it best for us to have the same. As for the title of this post though i have to say i am equally perplexed, i've only seen one Haibike out in the wild, one. I was so revved up about their DH bikes i though everyone would have them, but i see shit loads of Spesh's, but naff all Haibikes, weird...

sparkydirty

Jul 2, 2019
California
Fellow Haibike owner, pasting my post from noob section;

Anything with 2 wheels, am I right!?
Got a great deal recently on a Haibike Fullseven LT 4.0 with 50 miles on it, (220 now?).
Has the yamaha PW-SE, so far loving this thing.
Fits in the garage well with my trusty old Diamond Back XC bike, and my KTM 950 super enduro.?
Need to fab a bike rack for the 950 now!
Has the smart sam tire on it now, doing well and surprisingly fast rolling on pavement.
Front brake nose wheelies in the dirt as well, good stuff.
Ordered a set of Shwlabe Super moto X tires for some commuting.
Pondering deristriction and taller chainring than the 38, but i’ll leave that in the proper forum.???

Cheers to Rob for starting this forum, and for all the members/contributors.
Already getting good info and tips! ??

steviedsolve

Patreon
Jun 13, 2018
Wolverhampton
AllMTN 8.0 2018 getting pretty lairy. I snapped my previous 2016 Full FatSix last year and Haibike couldn't get a replacement rocker so they sent me a brand new bike. They also loaned me a bike whilst I was deciding. That's what I call service.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles