Wheelset for road use

John_A

Sep 26, 2022
UK
Just about to buy a Jam2, not going to get a lot of off-road in until spring so it’ll mostly be used on the road til then. What do I need to look for for w wheelset that will fit, axle type etc, and what tyres would anyone recommend for road use?

Andrew426

Sep 27, 2022
New Zealand
You'll want 15x110 front and 12x148 rear with the appropriate driver on the rear for your cassette. If it's Shimano 12sp it'll be microspline if it's something else it'll be something different.

John_A

Sep 26, 2022
UK
You'll want 15x110 front and 12x148 rear with the appropriate driver on the rear for your cassette. If it's Shimano 12sp it'll be microspline if it's something else it'll be something different.
Yes my spare wheels are the correct axle sizes for the jam2 and my commuter, a Bizango E. the wheels have a microspline fitting but I’m looking for a solution to fit a 10 speed cassette so I can use them on the other bike

Best solution would probably be to upgrade the bizango to 12 speed slx

Andrew426

Sep 27, 2022
New Zealand
You could probably find a 12sp deore take-off groupsets cheap enough on marketplace.

Tbh I'm not even sure what you are trying to do, run the wheelset off your bazongo on your Jam2? I wouldn't bother, just get some road tyres to fit the jam2, or just wear the magic Mary's on the jam2 out on the road - they aren't a great tyre anyway.

John_A

Sep 26, 2022
UK
You could probably find a 12sp deore take-off groupsets cheap enough on marketplace.

Tbh I'm not even sure what you are trying to do, run the wheelset off your bazongo on your Jam2? I wouldn't bother, just get some road tyres to fit the jam2, or just wear the magic Mary's on the jam2 out on the road - they aren't a great tyre anyway.
Trying to use one commuter set of wheels on either bike with minimal fuss, I think the solution is not to bother :)

another approach Can I run a HG 12 speed cassette with the SLX derailleur and shifter?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles