Fuel EXe What settings do you have for your Trek Fuel EXe motor tuning?

ZillaG

Nov 15, 2022
Cary, NC USA
Trek Fuel EXe 9.7
170 lbs (loaded), 5'7"

What settings do you have for your motor tunings for Eco and Mid in the Trek app? I set the High to everything maxed out.

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
You'll have to experiment with different settings to find what works best for you in terms of fun, range, etc.

Some of like to set max assist at full power so the motor continues to reward your effort at whatever assist level you choose.

ZillaG

Nov 15, 2022
Cary, NC USA
You'll have to experiment with different settings to find what works best for you in terms of fun, range, etc.

Some of like to set max assist at full power so the motor continues to reward your effort at whatever assist level you choose.
I know, and that's what intend to do. I'm just curious what's "best for you in terms of run range, etc."

Last edited:

ciro

Feb 2, 2023
Australia
Yeah I'm still experimenting but eco mode at 60% assist and Max 250w seems to be my sweet spot at the moment for 2hr rides on my trails. For shorter faster rides 100% assist and Max 300w seems good. Always leave top mode maxed out for recovering from mistakes on tech climbs.

ZillaG

Nov 15, 2022
Cary, NC USA
Yeah I'm still experimenting but eco mode at 60% assist and Max 250w seems to be my sweet spot at the moment for 2hr rides on my trails. For shorter faster rides 100% assist and Max 300w seems good. Always leave top mode maxed out for recovering from mistakes on tech climbs.
What are your Mid settings?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Trek Fuel EXe 9.7
170 lbs (loaded), 5'7"

What settings do you have for your motor tunings for Eco and Mid in the Trek app? I set the High to everything maxed out.
Eco 47% ,max power 180w
Mid 140% ,max power 180w
Max 160% ,max power 300w

Last edited:

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
What does the percentage of assist mean? What is it a percentage of?
It's the percentage of the power you put in that the motor then adds to your effort.

So If it's set to 50% assist and you pedal at 150w,then the motor adds another 75w, unless the power the motor would put out is going to be higher than the max power limit, in which case the max power limit is what the motor puts out.

Last edited:

Canyon Shawn

Feb 4, 2023
Lake Sherwood, California
It's the percentage of the power you put in that the motor then adds to your effort.

So If it's set to 50% assist and you pedal at 150w,then the motor adds another 75w, unless the power the motor would put out is going to be higher than the max power limit, in which case the max power limit is what the motor puts out.
Thank you! I have another question. I’m picking up a Penny flake 9.7 today. How should I treat the battery the first time I ride it and charge it?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Thank you! I have another question. I’m picking up a Penny flake 9.7 today. How should I treat the battery the first time I ride it and charge it?
have a look in the manual - I think it says its very important to fully charge the battery before first ride, and that as it drains when you ride, it may cut out at around 10-15% battery charge shown on the display - apparently this is normal for the first ride - I reckon its part of the battery calibration process.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles