What is the perfect EMTB?

jgusta

Mar 21, 2021
USA
Going back to the original question, my dream bike, based on roughly achievable aspects from existing bikes would be:

Spesh Levo geometry and adjustments
Full 29er, 160/160 travel (Similar to SCOR)
Canyon Spectral On 900Wh battery
Orbea Wild Weight (~21kg)
Any motor so long as reliable (i.e. not a Brose), with a 5 year warranty (this is actually the most far fetched aspect of the build)
Giant/Canyon pricing...
Like all listed, 170/160 minimum though. Everything else just a trail bike. Have motor, up the travel I say. 180/180 Scott Ransom has me intrigued, especially for the price, but is a tank at +55 lbs

Last edited:

Jdz

Jan 2, 2022
LHC
"Do I keep what I have and buy a nice camper van instead? When you open up this can of worms in my opinion finding the perfect fit for a camper van will end up just as impossible if not more so than the perfect e-bike!

smc_stefan

Oct 10, 2022
Austria
Especially for the price of an EMTB, last time I checked for campers I was shocked, decent used ones were at around EUR 40.000 - 50.000 anything cheaper was either just a mobile toilette by it's size or something completely out of an episode of Criminal Minds. Came to the conclusion that for the few days a year I travel with the bike, I can stay at high class hotels the next 15 years for the same amount of money and no, I wouldn't do camping for other reasons because I basically hate it.

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Like all listed, 170/160 minimum though. Everything else just a trail bike. Have motor, up the travel I say. 180/180 Scott Ransom has me intrigued, especially for the price, but is a tank at +55 lbs
Yes agreed, shoud have said 160mm as a minimum. Even though I am very happy with my 150mm meta power, I don't really see any point in not having a few extra cm.

I reckon Canyon are in a good place to release a very interesting Torque-on update, unfortunately it will probably have headset routing, so the geo needs to be perfect as anglesets will not be an option.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles