What garmin

Sharpy52

Aug 22, 2018
Surrey
Been using my phone for new riding areas with trailforks ect. Looking for a bar mounted solution as stopping to take my gloves off and getting my phone out my pocket is a pain. What Garmin (or other make) are people using for keeping track of distance and navigation. Would also like to download gpx routes to follow for new rides

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Been using my phone for new riding areas with trailforks ect. Looking for a bar mounted solution as stopping to take my gloves off and getting my phone out my pocket is a pain. What Garmin (or other make) are people using for keeping track of distance and navigation. Would also like to download gpx routes to follow for new rides

I’m using a Garmin edge 1030 as I use the navigation part a lot and the big screen is perfect for that. Just a heads up regarding the Specialized IQ app for Garmin, it also works like crap here, sometimes it takes an hour to connect to the bike.

Karsten

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
I have a Garmin Edge 1000 (older version of the 1030) and I like the big screen too - handy when you are lost and need the map :)

The one thing I don't like about Garmin is their BaseCamp software on PC for plotting out routes. It's a pain to use, but gets the job done.

Sharpy52

Aug 22, 2018
Surrey
Thanks, have just had a look into them. Not bothered with the specialized app, it's not what I have.
Any other cheaper options? Was thinking under £200, the 1030 looks like it does much more than I need. will only be used off road for following routes and showing distance and speed. not interested in heart rate or cadence ect

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Wahoo Element Bolt for me. Mega battery life, easy to use, compact on the bars, refined big free software (unlike Garmin, available for £200. What’s not to like?!!

Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
I've got an Edge 1000, got for £180 from Halfords as I'd ordered an 820 and they'd made a mistake so upgraded me :) Bought UK 25k mapping for £40 from the bay, and it's pretty awesome for cheeky trail detection.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles