What firmware edition i must choose for a deristricted Bosch CX performance gen 4 with Volspeed v3 ?

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
In the near future i must go to a Bosch ebike dealer to instal a front light on my ebike and to update my motor firmware because i have 1.0.2.0 from the factory and is a very old firmware.'Till now i had 2 or 3 times 510 error after the deristriction of my ebike with Volspeed v3. The speed limit is at 43km, i ride only in Tour mode, very rare in Emtb mode and then just for a minute.
I want that the new update to give me the 85Nm, to be safe with the instalation of the tuning cip Volspeed v3, i don't realy want the Tour + mode if he is weird as i herd (i'm just fine with just 4 asisting modes) and, most important, i need an update who will solve the 510 error in the future because i know that Bosch provide an update who solve this issue but i don't know how exactly which update edition is. I need an update who can't be to sensitive with my tuning cip. I realy don't need 504 error, 510 error experience is enough for me. I'm looking an advice here because the Bosch dealer don't want to discuss about tuning things and i understand this.
Please recommend what is the best firmware updates for my needs, if you realy know what i'm talking about.
Also i have till now 7000km with my ebike. Should i demand an inspection in my Bosch motor ? What do you think ? My bike was not washed with high pressure machine and was very well maintained.
Thank you very much in advance for your help !

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
LBS can't choose the firmware version, it's always the newest one. They can only choose on different setups depending on the bike: tour+ etc. The Volspeed V3 is not dependent on firmware so you can safely take whatever (..well it's the newest) is available.

I wouldn't do anything for the motor if it's working. They never open it in any case.

Reactions: Flo

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles