What did you buy your ebike this week?

Litespeed

Dec 23, 2023
Vista California
I’ll start the ball rolling, this week she’s had. New kmc chain, cassette, renthal ring. Also mech and dropper cables. New front and rear pads. A new bar remote(warranty). Fork service.
Hoping for a couple of spend free weeks now. Big mileage costs!
I bought Gojira (the Trek fuel exe 9.8 XT) a one up dropper because the one it comes with is ludicously short so I don't get enough of a drop. Also purple one up grips. By the way I have now become a dropper post expert because of the dropper post thing. When someone says to you, "You should put your seat down" and you reply, "It is down," well, there's a problem.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I bought Gojira (the Trek fuel exe 9.8 XT) a one up dropper because the one it comes with is ludicously short so I don't get enough of a drop. Also purple one up grips. By the way I have now become a dropper post expert because of the dropper post thing. When someone says to you, "You should put your seat down" and you reply, "It is down," well, there's a problem.
The Fuel EXE that I’m getting (medium alloy) comes with the 150mm dropper. It’ll take another week before they install a 170mm instead. It may not be the best dropper but it will give me a bit of time before I switch to the 170mm AXS reverb …eventually.

Litespeed

Dec 23, 2023
Vista California
The Fuel EXE that I’m getting (medium alloy) comes with the 150mm dropper. It’ll take another week before they install a 170mm instead. It may not be the best dropper but it will give me a bit of time before I switch to the 170mm AXS reverb …eventually.
Had I known about how short the dropper was, I would have had them swap it out. I wondered why the bike felt a little off and thought it was my riding style, til I realized the seat was in my way. Til my dropper shows up I will have to do a modified "old school" (get behind the seat) thing. Very annoying. I'm not sure Trek thought this through. 120 would have been better to come standard with the bike. I think it's the problem all bike manufacturers have with trying to decide what size person fits a bike, inseam length, etc.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Had I known about how short the dropper was, I would have had them swap it out. I wondered why the bike felt a little off and thought it was my riding style, til I realized the seat was in my way. Til my dropper shows up I will have to do a modified "old school" (get behind the seat) thing. Very annoying. I'm not sure Trek thought this through. 120 would have been better to come standard with the bike. I think it's the problem all bike manufacturers have with trying to decide what size person fits a bike, inseam length, etc.
The AXS reverb 170mm barely fit on my medium Rail. There is more room on the Fuel EXE because the seat post doesn’t have that bend like the Rail.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
I always struggle getting my helmet off, in all my gear ,with the Fox helmet "quick release" clips. I guess I AM an old dog and that is a new trick. Its time to change them!

20240128_143932.jpg

Koban

Oct 15, 2023
Germany
Riding for a while with Magura MT7 Racine calipers with Shimano XTR levers. Recently I did a refresh on my Canyon Torque ON.

I received a new set of MT7 Racline with Magura MDR-P 203mm rotors for the Spectral ON. Now to find some time to mount them on the bike.

Also received a set of MT8 Raceline for my DJ.

Because I'm more liking the Shimano levers. I exchange them for the Shimano XTR M9120 levers.

aBzRCfPOXVwf1VGGllYIemjr.jpg

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Riding for a while with Magura MT7 Racine calipers with Shimano XTR levers. Recently I did a refresh on my Canyon Torque ON.

I received a new set of MT7 Racline with Magura MDR-P 203mm rotors for the Spectral ON. Now to find some time to mount them on the bike.

Also received a set of MT8 Raceline for my DJ.

Because I'm more liking the Shimano levers. I exchange them for the Shimano XTR M9120 levers.

aBzRCfPOXVwf1VGGllYIemjr.jpg
What are you going to do with levers ;) HC3's I'd be interested in.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
The tools for removing my headset bearing cups just arrived courtesy of Yodel, when I say “tools” I was referring to the actual tool, and the “Tool” who tried forcing the actual tool through my letter plate, it would have been quicker to walk to our back door and knock, THE FOOL🙄 oh yeah it was £10 from eBay as appose to £40+ for a Park Tool equivalent, maybe if I was in a shop situation I’d be more ready to part with that much cash but it seemed to be a no brainier seeing as I only intend using it just the once I hope, time will tell I suppose 🤞

3790E182-15BC-4387-97C7-FAF943A59FBA.jpeg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
The tools for removing my headset bearing cups just arrived courtesy of Yodel, when I say “tools” I was referring to the actual tool, and the “Tool” who tried forcing the actual tool through my letter plate, it would have been quicker to walk to our back door and knock, THE FOOL🙄 oh yeah it was £10 from eBay as appose to £40+ for a Park Tool equivalent, maybe if I was in a shop situation I’d be more ready to part with that much cash but it seemed to be a no brainier seeing as I only intend using it just the once I hope, time will tell I suppose 🤞

View attachment 133675
95% of my tools are rarely used, but there it is, sitting in the drawer, ready for action.

I might need that tool someday. 🤷‍♂️

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
Endura Women's Burner Lite Blueberry 2023 trousers (Large) 25% off at Merlin Cyles, didn’t like the colour of the Men's trousers. Fit me (5'10"/76kg) perfectly. Ready for summer riding in the UK and France, and staying in touch with my feminine side (my wife said 😉).

View attachment 133609
Just don’t go asking everyone if your bum looks big in them. 😂

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles