What did you buy your ebike this week?

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Rock'n Roll and P.T CC-4.
Chain and cassette has done ~4000km and still shifts like butter.
IMG_1937.jpeg

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Yes!You're right

IMG_6952 2.JPG

I ended up cycling through this on Saturday in my 2 year old Trailcross GTX shoes. At first, it wasn't that deep... but part of the way through, I realised that the water was almost at my ankles when my pedal was at the bottom. Foot completely submerged! The rut was too big to get out and up onto the grass, so I carried on through.
My feet got cold very quickly, but when I got home and took my shoes off, they were still dry.

Will need to strip and regrease my pedals this week I think!!

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
View attachment 132091

I ended up cycling through this on Saturday in my 2 year old Trailcross GTX shoes. At first, it wasn't that deep... but part of the way through, I realised that the water was almost at my ankles when my pedal was at the bottom. Foot completely submerged! The rut was too big to get out and up onto the grass, so I carried on through.
My feet got cold very quickly, but when I got home and took my shoes off, they were still dry.

Dang! Here, I give up when a little bit of water hits the ground.

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
View attachment 132091

We have flooded sections like this ^^^ where the river Lavant has overflowed its banks. Was out last week and a walker coming the other way warned me that the "Literary Trail" ahead of me was completely flooded so I turned around and went another way. The amount of water is ridiculous. And if it freezes then it'll be even sillier! :LOL:

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I discovered that Cube/Acid sell a "mud shield" that is bolted on with screws (no zip ties!). Adapters and screws for Fox, RockShox, Öhlins and SR Suntour were included in the package. Nice quality and looks decent. This is the long version.

View attachment 132145 View attachment 132146
This one?

gibbo66

Sep 1, 2023
Sydney Australia
Put on 160 mm cranks ( down from 165). Where I ride is rock strewn and pedal and crank strikes are more often than I'd like. Seemed a little bit better and I didn't really notice any change.
Positive is I had a gnarly injury to my left knee 5 years ago ( Schatzker 6 tibial plateau) and I ( for pretty much the first time since) managed to get out of the saddle- presumably because the pedaling arc is a bit less now. I'm 188cm but relatively short legs.

Levo-Lon

Jan 21, 2020
Uk
So CRC had some 160 Yari forks for 200 sniffs..well I've had Yari on a bike and they're well upto the job..so I treated my levo..
It's on the 150 atm so hopefully these will do 2 things..
Improve the pain in my shoulder, as less weight on my wrists..
And give the bike a bit more height up front to slow the steering..

20240112_150623.jpg 20240112_150620.jpg

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
…or that you are older than stated in your ID. 😒

The good thing is you can work on all that! (y)
Already started back on the diet, three starvation days a week should shift a few pounds a week, when I can see properly again I can get back to the gym 🤘

Litespeed

Dec 23, 2023
Vista California
I’ll start the ball rolling, this week she’s had. New kmc chain, cassette, renthal ring. Also mech and dropper cables. New front and rear pads. A new bar remote(warranty). Fork service.
Hoping for a couple of spend free weeks now. Big mileage costs!
a fancy mud guard from Groundskeeper for the Trek fuel exe 9.8xt. I just gotta figure out how to put it on.....I might buiy it a helmet. I mean a new helmet. Maybe. My other bike has a matching helmet. You know -- accessorize!

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
It was my birthday on the 28th of December, but we were away for Christmas and New Year.
When we return, it always takes my wife about a week or more to get back to normal… and then offer up my birthday gifts!

This was the only thing I asked for - and the only bike related thing I received! A pair of Troy Lee Oakley Airbrake MTB goggles… and a second lens. I’ve put the second ‘low light’ one in just now since the weather is poop, and will hopefully use the ‘torch prizm’ one in summer if the sun ever comes out 😂

IMG_7020.jpeg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
It was my birthday on the 28th of December, but we were away for Christmas and New Year.
When we return, it always takes my wife about a week or more to get back to normal… and then offer up my birthday gifts!

This was the only thing I asked for - and the only bike related thing I received! A pair of Troy Lee Oakley Airbrake MTB goggles… and a second lens. I’ve put the second ‘low light’ one in just now since the weather is poop, and will hopefully use the ‘torch prizm’ one in summer if the sun ever comes out 😂

View attachment 132467
Happy birthday and welcome back!👍🏻

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK

View attachment 132467
Snap!

For Christmas wife gave me Oakley Airbrake MTB goggles with Prizm Trail Torch lenses. Work fine whatever the weather.

KODAKHODAK

May 22, 2023
Australia
Some new rubber. I asked my LBS to order me a couple of Specialized Cannibal's since I have a gift voucher, and everyone is saying how good they are in wet gloopy conditions. I didn't hear from them for a few days... and then Tweeks sent me an email with 40% off Michelin tyres. I've had Enduro Wilds for my last few tyres, but thought I'd try the Racing Line Enduro Wild this time as it's apparently a bit softer / grippier.

The next day, my LBS confirmed my Cannibal's are ordered. Looks like I'm going to end up with 4 tyres!! I might just put the Wild's away until Spring!

View attachment 126178
Bought a set myself with a FRESH Set of DT Swiss FR541 Hoops with Hope 5 Pro Hubs.... Will post this week once I get the bike back. Have you tested the tyres and how do you compare to say Maxxis?

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Bought a set myself with a FRESH Set of DT Swiss FR541 Hoops with Hope 5 Pro Hubs.... Will post this week once I get the bike back. Have you tested the tyres and how do you compare to say Maxxis?
These are still wrapped up as I put a pair of Specialized Cannibals on for the winter. Really pleased with them - best grip on wet roots / rocks I’ve had I think.

These probably won’t go on until about April when the trails start drying up a bit.

KODAKHODAK

May 22, 2023
Australia
8C60A96E-5506-4991-9C04-3704BF44F032.JPG

EE6A57BE-BF22-46B0-8047-9E490B338786.JPG

Fresh Hoops
Pair of 29" DT Swiss FR541 Hoops
Hope Pro 5 Purple Hubs
SRAM GX Eagle Cassette 10/50Michelin Wild Enduro Tyres 29" x 2.40"
220mm Front & Rear Magura Rotor MDR-P 6 Bolt
Titanium Rotor Bolt Kit
Hope-E Speed Sensor Purple
Muc-off 44mm Tubeless Valve Kit Purple

Stoked on these extra set for just pure MTB Trails and keep the tyres fresh as I ride this whip to work and will keep the standard setup for those commutes.
IMG_1378.jpeg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles