What did you buy your ebike this week?

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
@HORSPWR
In deed. But the young ones are going downtown to party and increasingly carry e.g. knives - not for opening bottles or cutting food.. We had a couple of attacs with serious injuries and thats why the weapon law was sharpened and more often police is standing downtown to check people for carrying „weapons“.
In case of interest: Deutsche Welle
„A number of German cities have already established weapon-free zones. In those in Cologne and Düsseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, anyone found carrying a stun gun, a knife with a with blade longer than 4 centimeters (1.5 inches), tear gas or pepper spray faces a fine of up to €10,000 ($10,882).
Almost 350 weapons have been confiscated over the last 12 months, including butterfly knives, daggers, switchblades, telescopic batons, pepper spray and non-lethal pistols used to fire blanks or tear gas cartridges.“

In general it is noticed that there is more aggression and people more easily freak out than a couple of years ago.

Go biking not fighting!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
On fallen trees I always assume stored energy.................
When a tree starts “talking”, really good hearing can save your life.
Oh dear! I have just started wearing hearing aids. I wore them once when going biking but didn't get a benefit that was worth the loss of one or both in an off or maybe a collision with the many overhanging branches. The suggestion you make is very valid and I will have to reconsider my use of hearing aids whilst biking in the woods (especially now they are insured)! The biggest tree trunk/branch I would normally tackle is 7-8" in diameter, and then only with a new blade. But they can still be dangerous; some of them, even at that diameter, can be very tall.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Oh dear! I have just started wearing hearing aids. I wore them once when going biking but didn't get a benefit that was worth the loss of one or both in an off or maybe a collision with the many overhanging branches. The suggestion you make is very valid and I will have to reconsider my use of hearing aids whilst biking in the woods (especially now they are insured)! The biggest tree trunk/branch I would normally tackle is 7-8" in diameter, and then only with a new blade. But they can still be dangerous; some of them, even at that diameter, can be very tall.
Yeah. Even a 4” limb could be your last. Sharp tool are definitely good to have …makes the job easier and safer

Yesterday a buddy of mine thought he could ride through a2” downed limb. The bike eventually stopped and he went OTB right infront of us. 74 years old …we freaked out …but he was fine. 👍🏻. I came back later and cut it with the pruning saw.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
SRAM RSC brakes HS2 rotors with Galfer purple 💜 pads

IMG_1667.jpeg IMG_1666.jpeg

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
With approaching winter time to refresh tyres, clean calipers, change pads, service forks and shocks, and all the rest of the other stuff. So for wife and my Trek Rails bought:

- 2 x Schwalbe Magic Mary Ultra Soft Super Gravity 29 x 2.4

- 2 x Maxxis Minion DHR 2 Maxxgrip DD 29 x 2.4

- 4 x sets of brake pads which after 2 years are getting low

My 2 x Maxxis Assegai are finished so they'll be binned. Wife's 2 x Maxxis Assegais will be recycled as fronts in late spring when the weather warms and terrain dries out.

I might be spending some time in the garage mucking around with this stuff ...

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Ref my post about buying three folding saws in post #5089

First outing today and I thought I'd tackle a tree across the trail; it was wider than the blade was long by about an inch. I started with the underneath and worked up the sides. I was making good progress when the blade came out! The pivot bolt and its nut had done a runner! :mad: Ah well, my fault I suppose, I should have checked the tightness. :oops:

When I got home, I checked the bolt tightness on the other two and they were both loose. I removed the bolts and applied some blue Loctite. I reassembled, this time making them tight enough to give a good clamp but still be able to pivot. By the next time I go out the Loctite should have set. Good job I bought three saws that means I have spare bolts.

Amber Valley Guy

Oct 15, 2023
Alfreton
Fitted the Yari's!!!..... install went great, even the star spangled nut behaved itself and went in easy...but....the Yari's post mounts are an inch lower, and the hose clamp mount is slightly more offset than the 35's meaning the hose needs lengthening by about 2 or 3 inch, even swapping the front brake lever inboard of the shifter doesn't help.
And to really pee me off, the bloody post mounts are 160mm not 180mm so as well as a new hose I need a new caliper adapter bracket for the 203's. And too really pee me off the TRP hose (banjo caliper end) is not the same as Shimano (nor the barb, lever end) as different bores (apparently), external the same 5mm dia. So a bit peeved, and more ££££/$$$$/€€€ for bloody hoses and adapter bracket. Who knew a new 2023 mtb fork would come with 160 posts, grrrrrrr!

Mrj35

Sep 29, 2023
canada
I need to buy a new crank and probably pedal. Had quite the pedal strike it seemed to of warped the crank thread for the pedal. It's bent downwards. I tried a different pedal but it wouldn't even thread in.

So , shimano crank, and nukeproof horizon pedals.

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Peatys fidlock water bottle to replace the levo gen 3 cage
as it’s gets in the way of the thule x2 clamp when attaching to the frame

oh and thule x2 bike rack after previous witter rack stripped the bolt threads that attach to tow ball again
wasn’t getting it retapped again

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Maybe it's the type of company that makes them more likely to be sensitive about that sort of thing. For example, I wonder if gardening tool companies bother?
I didn't know it when I bought the folding saws from Cadet Force, but inside the delivery was a catalogue illustrating what they sell. If you want to be a soldier, from cadets to special forces, they have everything you need (except weapons), ie lume sticks, camo cream, camo netting, boots, camo clothing of all kinds, gas masks....................... even practice weapons made from wood that look like the real thing. On that last item I can't see how they can be used for practice drills because they won't weigh the same, but they look good.

By pure coincidence, I’m just watching a documentary about a guy taking on Amazon due to their poor treatment of employees. Anyway, if you watch from 30 minutes onwards, his nieces, aged 4 & 6, manage to purchase two knives via an Alexa speaker and are delivered next day with no age verification, They then follow up with ordering a folding pruning saw:

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
Nice rear light. What brand / model is it? 🤔
I got it last year as a present. Had the older version but it broke trough a manufacturer fault. Got this new one that improved .

I think you can find that alot cheaper on aliexpress

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
For my new YT Decoy MX Core 4 to go along with the Push ELEVENSIX coil shock!

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Is that the R version or the newest S? I have the R version on my SB130, been debating getting it upgraded to the S. I’d have to send it back to Push as my local Push dealer can’t do it so that would mean sending it back to the US, it ends up being expensive!
I just upgraded my Push from the R version to the S. Needed to have it serviced and live in the US (California), so it made sense to add the S upgrade cost along with the normal service cost. After installing initial R version after riding an air shock, improvement was night and day. Would say the performance of the S versus R version is noticeable. A little more poppy. The S version has a swooshing sound which isn't a big deal.

Tombie

Mar 11, 2023
Whyalla
You're gonna love the I9 Hubs! Have them on both my bikes and noticeable improvement on engagement. The angry bee sound is an added benefit!

According to my security camera they’ve arrived today

Now just waiting on the new cassette, spokes and RaceFace rims to be delivered and I’ll start the build.m

Yep - they’re here!
View attachment 127949

Now the wait for the rest of the kit to arrive…..
giphy.gif

Last edited:

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Got these today - they were delivered to my work last week, but I’ve been away for the kids mid term break.

A set of custom Industry Nine EN325 / 310 carbon wheels… and I thought I’d try a couple of Cannibals after everyone raving about how good the ‘23 model is on wet rocks / roots.

My next task is to fit the blue Industry Nine decals I ordered from Slik before ceramic coating and getting the tyres on.

IMG_6213.jpeg

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Got these today - they were delivered to my work last week, but I’ve been away for the kids mid term break.

A set of custom Industry Nine EN325 / 310 carbon wheels… and I thought I’d try a couple of Cannibals after everyone raving about how good the ‘23 model is on wet rocks / roots.

My next task is to fit the blue Industry Nine decals I ordered from Slik before ceramic coating and getting the tyres on.

View attachment 127991
Happy Chris Hemsworth GIF by Marvel Studios

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles