What did you buy your ebike this week?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
…It did take about an hr to figure where to put it haha.…
going to get a fiamma D2 arm to help make it easier for first bike
An hour…pffff. It only took me 42 minutes to figure out how to secure my full suspension. That arm certainly helps 👍🏻, and a bit of head scratching.

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
An hour…pffff. It only took me 42 minutes to figure out how to secure my full suspension. That arm certainly helps 👍🏻, and a bit of head scratching.
Haha 😆 need to up my game 42 mins that’s the time of dreams

think it’ll only take a few minutes once I start to use it and get the fiamma arm to make it super quick
using for the first time tomorrow. Then a month off as on holiday in florida
When I get home they’ll be a few new bits and bobs waiting for me 😂

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Sicomtb mudguard

IMG_1499.jpeg

Kevjob51

May 22, 2022
Colorado
Rear tire, rear brake pads and gx chain. I got about 1400 miles ish on first chain but hard to tell as my odemeter in ride control app reset with one of the updates.

Topi

Aug 8, 2022
Sweden
Nice. Did you get it tuned for your weigh? I can't say I love my ttx22 but will get the compression tune changed at the next service. Feels a bit overdamped currently with the gold DH valve.
I don't know if they've done anything for that. I just wrote them my weight 105kg with riding gear. It works very well for me. That Sprindex coil is pretty cool stuff to find good speed on different DH tracks in woods.

trx

Dec 5, 2022
Milan
Replaced dropper post lever with one up v3 after somehow snapping the barrel adjuster
so much smother and lighter to use than the stock one on gen3 levo

also new thule easy fold x2 bike rack
after the witter one stripped the bolt that tightens to the towball
done it once before and got it retapped at work from an engineer
but couldn’t be arsed this time

new thule one is super easy and on the car in under 30 secs. Fitting the bike is a different matter though haha
eventual found a way to fit it using the supplied arms or should I say the short one and bought the longer wheel straps aswell
super nice bit of kit

few pics of levo on rack on inside postion
View attachment 123831 View attachment 123832
Nice! I have the almost the same rack but I’ve always clamped on the top tube near the seat tube, using the long clamp with the bike in the outside slot… gonna try this one

Defmech

May 3, 2022
Glasgow, Scotland
IMG_4305.jpeg

Lights!

Lezyne 1800+ (£112 in Tiso after 30% off)
Bontrager Ion Elite R (£90 in Tiso)

I’ve gerry-rigged the Bontrager to my helmet till a proper mount turns up.

Just back from a test ride in a local park. So much fun. Hopefully hit the trails with it sometime this week. First time I’ve used the bike off-road with these kinda lights.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Bought a Spank Split Stem 31.8x43mm (black to match the SQlab 30X bars) for £51 for my wife's bike to replace the stock 50mm stem on her '22 Rail. Won't tell her, will just fit it, she's going downhill faster and faster! :cool:

Last edited:

trx

Dec 5, 2022
Milan
Bought a Spank Split Stem 31.8x43mm (black to match the SQlab 30X bars) for £51 for my wife's bike to replace the stock 50mm stem on her '22 Rail. Won't tell her, will just fit it, she's going downhill faster and faster! :cool:
Be aware of the effective stem length, ie the position of the grips is the only things that matter in relation to steering input.
I used to run a 45 mm stem with sqlab 30x handlebar but I didn’t like the steering, was too twitchy. Swapped to a race face atlas handlebar and measure a +10 mm on the effective position of the grips

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Be aware of the effective stem length, ie the position of the grips is the only things that matter in relation to steering input.
I used to run a 45 mm stem with sqlab 30x handlebar but I didn’t like the steering, was too twitchy. Swapped to a race face atlas handlebar and measure a +10 mm on the effective position of the grips
I am aware of effective stem length. A lot depends upon bike geo, fork offsets, bar lengths, bike weight, weight distribution, etc. There's a lot of old leftover rules of thumb from analogue bikes that are in many cases erroneously applied to eBikes. Just saying.

We have alloy'22 Trek Rails (heavily modified).

I have SQlab 30X 780 bars (carbon) with a 40mm stem which works great, not too twitchy for me for sure.

Wife has SQlab 30X 780 bars (alloy) cut down to 720 (730 inc grips) with a 50mm stem. 43mm I believe will work fine (basic trig says it will), but If not will revert to 50mm of course.

Edit: works great, wife loves it. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: trx

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Are you in the UK? My custom wheels were quoted as 6-8 weeks, and arrived in about 4 and a half. That was in June / July though.
I am in the US (San Diego, California). I9 quoted me 4 weeks for delivery. There are a few other online retailers that have the all black wheelsets in stock and even on sale. I went with custom colors (silver hub, every other spoke and value stem) to match my new Orbea Wild.

How do you like your new wheelset? Here the engagement is fantastic.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I am in the US (San Diego, California). I9 quoted me 4 weeks for delivery. There are a few other online retailers that have the all black wheelsets in stock and even on sale. I went with custom colors (silver hub, every other spoke and value stem) to match my new Orbea Wild.

How do you like your new wheelset? Here the engagement is fantastic.

I’m loving them so far. The engagement is like nothing else I’ve ridden. They started off feeling a bit draggy and slow, but seem much quicker now. Not sure if they XD driver was ram packed full of grease when I got it, and it’s now spread out a bit or something?

I went with some blue spokes as my bike is completely black and dull. I’m now adding turquoise bits to it to make it look a bit brighter… and have ordered some stickers too.

I also bought the full service kit - pawls, springs, bearings and shim tools from i9. Shouldn’t need them for a while, but I like to be prepared!!

IMG_4599.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 10.55.40.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles