What did you buy your ebike this week?

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Not bought. Given.
I have been given - free gratis, a goodwill gesture from Hope technology. A new pair of V2 calipers. Not the whole brakes, just the calipers, but at a hundred quid each, that's still a hell of a nice gift to receive unexpectedly in the post.

Feel free to post expressions of jealousy 😂
They're that bad that they're giving them away now??? Blimey.

Marksou

Dec 24, 2021
Llanbedrog
I’ve been meaning to get one of these for a while.

63670532-40C1-4C3C-92C9-E5B45F3FB79D.jpeg

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
man this things max psi is 350 my pump only does 300 :rolleyes: 50 quid saved is going on new shock pump and volume spacers it looks like :ROFLMAO:

I had to do exactly that with the FOX DPS. Needs around 325 psi so I had to buy the Rockshox 600 shock pump

Running the DPS around 18% sag and it’s great. Nice and firm but plenty of pop. Never bottoms out

The Rockshox pump is great too, sturdy piece of kit

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
do you use any volume spacers ? and how many can i use with this shock.

I don’t use any as I just ride it firm. Supposed to have around 25-30% sag but I found that way too soft. I’ve probably set it up all wrong and should be using volume spacers instead, but it works for me!

CannonFodder

Jul 5, 2022
N. Ireland
Well I have got a bit carried away with purchasing bits for my eMTB :rolleyes:

Ordered a VolSpeed V4 - should be here Thursday providing they don't get too excited in NI down tonight!

Ordered a SKS Mudhugger - Should be here in about a week apparently.

Then tonight I popped onto CRC,,,,

Gonna try this bottle holder, not sure if I have the room on the Moterra but if not I will find a home for it somewhere, RED ones are always the fastest, aren't they?

Right I need to go and lie down and stay away from biking websites for a while 🤑

Amazing how some simple things can make you feel chipper.

My Bottle Holder arrived and is as light as a feather but even better it fits the bike AND my Cannondale Freebie Saeco water bottle that has been lying in the cupboard for over 15 years!

However I am more than a bit pissed off with BikeINN who I had ordered my SKS Mudhugger from,,,,,,

Ordered on the 9th July and dispatched by BikeINN on the 12th July,,,,
GREAT they even sent me a picture of the package, haven't seen anyone do that before;

BlfSQtA.jpg

Arrived in Sunny Northern Ireland on Saturday 16th July looking like this (Obviously pictured after I opened it),,,,,

Gejm2sc.jpg

When I eagerly opened with immense anticipation of getting my grubby mitts on a shiny new mudguard you can imagine my disappointment when I found this;

putdC4R.jpg

I'm sure you can see the obvious mistake, WHERE is the fekking mudguard!!! AND how do you fit a SKS Mudhugger in a box 540mm long?

So I raised a return, how complex can someone make the resolution of a simple mistake.

There is a lot of blame shifting and BikeINN are not accepting any of it as it appears they want ME to claim off Royal Mail AND return PACKAGING (don't forget there is no mudguard to return) to Spain at my own cost when their returns policy states;

ViTWlwt.jpg

I am rapidly losing the will to live dealing with these chancers.
They take an absolute age to reply (currently the guts of a week) presumably due to the level of returns they are processing and it is clear that English is not their first language which is a shame as it is the only one I have an, albeit, rudimentary understanding of.

Am I being unreasonable, sometimes I can't tell :unsure:

Isn't it normal the various performers within a CIRCUS are varied, they are not normally ALL clowns :mad:

Last edited:

Clean

Subscriber
Jul 1, 2022
West Yorkshire

My Bottle Holder arrived and is as light as a feather but even better it fits the bike AND my Cannondale Freebie Saeco water bottle that has been lying in the cupboard for over 15 years!

However I am more than a bit pissed off with BikeINN who I had ordered my SKS Mudhugger from,,,,,,

GREAT they even sent me a picture of the package, haven't seen anyone do that before;

BlfSQtA.jpg

Arrived in Sunny Northern Ireland on Saturday 16th July looking like this (Obviously pictured after I opened it),,,,,

Gejm2sc.jpg

When I eagerly opened with immense anticipation of getting my grubby mitts on a shiny new mudguard you can imagine my disappointment when I found this;

putdC4R.jpg

I'm sure you can see the obvious mistake, WHERE is the fekking mudguard!!! AND how do you fit a SKS Mudhugger in a box 540mm long?

So I raised a return, how complex can someone make the resolution of a simple mistake.

There is a lot of blame shifting and BikeINN are not accepting any of it as it appears they want ME to claim off Royal Mail AND return PACKAGING (don't forget there is no mudguard to return) to Spain at my own cost when their returns policy states;

ViTWlwt.jpg

They take an absolute age to reply (currently the guts of a week) presumably due to the level of returns they are processing and it is clear that English is not their first language which is a shame as it is the only one I have an, albeit, rudimentary understanding of.

Isn't it normal the various performers within a CIRCUS are varied, they are not normally ALL clowns :mad:

I have had terrible experience with “DiveINN”, their Scuba division. Stay well away from any of the xxxxINN Sites is the best advice, IMHO.

Dannage

May 28, 2022
UK
I have had terrible experience with “DiveINN”, their Scuba division. Stay well away from any of the xxxxINN Sites is the best advice, IMHO.
I've had the opposite experience from Bikeinn. Big order turned up today and all good. From Spain the UK in 6 days this time and a lot cheaper than here. Suppose I could have been lucky again.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I have been waiting 6 weeks for reverb 100h service kit from Bikeinn they are shit but nowhere else had them, said was in stock but obviously wasn’t! Luckily not been in rush for it

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Good Service From Inspiral Cycles.......
I have been looking for an Ergon SM E-Mountain Core Prime s/m saddle for months, as everybody seemed to be out of stock or it was "no longer available".
On thursday after another Google search I located one at Inspiral Cycles in Bishop Auckland and ordered it online.
It was sent by Royal Mail Express 24 service at no cost to me and arrived here only 17 hours after I ordered it.

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK

BlfSQtA.jpg

Gejm2sc.jpg

putdC4R.jpg

ViTWlwt.jpg

I ordered a few items from them without issue, until one just didn't turn up but was marked as received. No signature or anything, just marked down as delivered. Not left anywhere or with neighbours etc. Emailed asking them to look into it and got the same response as you. Nothing to do with them, claim on Royal mail. The best position I ended up from bikeINN was them telling me if I wrote formally to royal mail complaining and got them to sign the letter acknowledging fault they would investigate.

Ended up doing a charge back with the credit card and haven't used them since.

mvtomas

Dec 12, 2021
Seattle WA area
sHrVnMx.jpeg

wBbmwiN.png

I had that happen to me when one of the chain link plates came unpinned. As I pedaled, it hooked the derailleur cage. I imagine that the RD was pulled rearward and swung up until it smashed into top-back of the seat stay.

6IMXUXn.jpeg

It was overkill using the wide range 11 spd XT RD on a 10spd 11-36 anyway.
Yup. Same happened to me. The XT failed spectacularly. Ripped the cage off, bent some links and wrapped around the seat stay. 2 mile walk to a road, made it a single speed for the 5 mile road ride to the car. Have an SLX coming and hope it's better.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Totally,
An actual GP (proper Doctor, not Steve)
Once told me I would need to take ibuprofen every day to relieve my foot pain. I asked how long fir?
And was told forever if needs be.

Foot pain that I had every day for well over 10 years BTW..
Fuck that. I just learned to rest more and deal with the pain without (prescription) drugs
I was told a similar thing (don't know if it was ibuprofen), again for a foot and ankle. I was diagnosed with crps - that was a new one for me; Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome. I was living on meds and just fed up. I looked into crps enough to get scared. I also thought "fuck that" :ROFLMAO:, and just started pushing the rehab hard thinking I had nothing to lose - well there was a chance of breaking things before they were mended.

I'm back to no pain killers and my normal self pre injury; that is that one panadol will put me to sleep normally, and I rarely take them. I have about a 2hr limit before my foot stiffens up and gets lame - that's enough for most of my mtb and walking.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Decided to give ghetto tubeless a try after both tyres kept deflating during a weekend ride despite adding fresh sealant. Went out tonight to start the job and they're both still fine.. wtf?
PXL_20220725_175213784.jpg

simonwwfc

Jul 26, 2022
Bucks
New bel air seat , new orange grips , new orange hope peddles , drinks bottle and attachment , bike stand for garage , side stand ,

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Do you mind me asking the order value & subsequent charges? I'm looking at something that works out at £78 + £5 shipping. so in theory, not much else other than VAT but I'm leery after getting clobbered last year.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I was thinking of buying something from Starbike I guess they would hammer to U.K. for VAT also

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Do you mind me asking the order value & subsequent charges? I'm looking at something that works out at £78 + £5 shipping. so in theory, not much else other than VAT but I'm leery after getting clobbered last year.
Under £135 has to be delivered inclusive of Duty.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles