What did you buy your ebike this week?

Cubie

Feb 19, 2020
Fife, Scotland
I was thinking about doing the same. I've got a spare 750mm di2 cable so all i need is a mech and a RHS shifter/switch. How do you find the E7000 shifter out on the trail?

750mm is quite short? Thats an 850mm and only just reached on my Spectral. I’ve only been round the street on it, feels alright with the e7000, went for that to match my mode switch. Out tomorrow morning for a proper test.
I’m selling my 2nd mech if you’re interested, still in its original packaging etc.

Cyclingwilly

May 8, 2020
County Durham
Partly for my bike and partly for me, but I've just bought a Evoc pack pack for me, a Charge Spoon for the bike and me, plus, I've trasnfered a small Topeak saddle bag with a spare tube, puncture outfit, tyre levers and a CO2 inflator for my previous mount.

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
750mm is quite short? Thats an 850mm and only just reached on my Spectral. I’ve only been round the street on it, feels alright with the e7000, went for that to match my mode switch. Out tomorrow morning for a proper test.
I’m selling my 2nd mech if you’re interested, still in its original packaging etc.
I was hoping it would be about right as i had read someone recommend a 700mm cable on a di2 conversation post. I will take a closer look. I am not sure how the length/routing would compare on my merida vs the canyon

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
I'm starting to think this should be "what did you install on your bike today" so we could get some mandatory pics of the new bling, but since it's what did you buy today, I bought a Mezzer Pro (44mm offset) for my bike. Won't show up for a few weeks though.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Two deliveries today: Cassette & pads; and lube & pick.
An 11-46T XT 11s cassette (my current one has burrs on the teeth and has done almost 1600 miles.) I have a spare chain already but I will run the current chain and cassette a while longer yet. Some Swisstop pads as spares in my backpack. A Birzman O ring pick (don't need them right now but I've always wanted some). Two bottles of lube. Only needed one, but two made up the price for a free delivery.

Bike bits.jpg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Those SwissStop organic pads any good? Are organics ok in the wet? Thanks
I don't know, I'll let you know. It could be some time though as they are spares to go in my backpack. The rear pads are brand new and the front pads are fairly new. Swissstop have a good rep so I thought I'd give them a go.

I was once plagued by rear brake howl leading to judder that had the whole bike shaking. I tried everything, took advice from everywhere, but the only thing that stopped it temporarily was an expensive product by Swissstop. It was a 50ml aerosol can of metallic compounds that you sprayed onto the pad (one 1/2 second burst per pad). The stuff came out black but dried silver. When bedding in, the brake was totally useless for the first few attempts, but quickly got better until you could lock up with reasonable index finger pressure. It was so good that I did the front pads too. That lasted for several hundred miles before the rear howl returned. It was an expensive product, so I only bought a 50ml can, but it lasts for ages. Still got it somewhere.

Eventually I removed the whole rear brake assembly and replaced it, problem solved.

Pabs

Jul 27, 2019
London
Bit of an all around fork freshen up. My mountain bike got a 2.1 Charger and the the eeb got the hand me down Charger from an early basic Lyrik, which is...er a bit like an RCT3 but without the lockout, Charger 1.0 maybe? Anyway even that, poo's from a great height over the MOCO. Lower leg services all around then, upgrade the Debonair cap & foot nut on the airshaft, also a noteable upgrade that has given me front end pop I felt was lacking somewhat from my ebike.

Some Purple Glittery Lyrik Decals and a TF tuned sticker for the lowers and thought I'd try some Torque Caps to Round it off. I Wasn't expecting that much from them. They work so well I had to re align my front caliper and on the front of a 29" e bike make a difference to the front brake performance as well as the handling if you ride with a bit of enthusiasm. More recommended than I thought (y)

CHARGERS.jpg

UNSTUCK.jpg

TORQDEB.jpg

Arcadyus

May 19, 2020
WA
New XT shifter, rev grips, 108 point engagement upgrade, put on racers tape (wet method), cush core, chainstay protector, 160mm crank arms (stock was 165mm).

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
New XT shifter, rev grips, 108 point engagement upgrade, put on racers tape (wet method), cush core, chainstay protector, 160mm crank arms (stock was 165mm).
Can you post a pic of your chainstay protector and let me know where you got it from please. Don't think much of the one on my 2019 Merida and would love one off the 2020 model but can't find anything like it anywhere, Cheers Steve

Kaelidoz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Belgium
I bought a big ass 36mm socket with thin walls to remove the lockring of my spider. It's the biggest and heaviest one I've ever used in my life so far :whistle:.

IMG_20200602_184341.jpg

It works!

IMG_20200603_162056_1.jpg

I had to remove the old chainring bolts that were rounded, super stuck and impossible to remove with these shit spanners.
Even with the spider off the bike, I had to cut and drill 2 of these fuckers.

IMG_20200602_184300.jpg

Installed bolts from Reverse components in AL with a new chainring. You need 2 hex for these guys instead of 1 hex and a shit spanner, it's much better.

https://cdn.bike24.net/i/mb/25/fc/3b/227195-00-d-435861.jpg

Looking good :)

IMG_20200603_002010.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles