What did you buy your ebike this week?

Bigxmtb

May 24, 2020
UK
Some new TAG metals 40mm rise handlebars. The stock ones that came with my giant had me a little too forward so the extra 20mm rise will help alot plus they look sweet.
TAGbars.jpg

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
Some very nice pedals, light Ti axles at 174g for both.
E94265E3-3517-4820-8502-DFC764EA9E94_zpsxcczbupe.jpg

Trouble is, they are a bit too small and my foot seems to move about too much. Sod it, i'm just gonna use the placcy ones it came with.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Looking at them, I'm not sure why you'd expect any different to be honest...

BigLee

Jul 12, 2019
Lake District cumbria
I've bought 5 chains for my bike, yep FIVE! Cos it seems to eat them and I saw some 12 speed sram and kmc for £20 each ? paid £40 for the sram xo1 and it lasted just as long as the oe ?

tobster

Apr 3, 2020
Oxford
I've just fitted a Mudstop & crank seal to my 2019 Powerfly LT7.9. That should hopefully keep the mud out of the motor when summer ends

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Second hand, bought off Retrobike. Still, 87g each pedal and me, 144Kg, pushing up Sutton Bank. Shame, they looked so coooo-ewl.
Yeah... just bad design that.

Might pay to give some resin platforms a go - think of them as trainers. They are light, and I bet even the ones with resin pins will grab better than those... and won't damage your shins as much - just until you acquire some muscle memory skills so you no longer get wrong footed...

OR install your DMRs again but wear some shin guards.

Hang in there, don't get discouraged. Riding platform pedals is an acquired skill just like anything else in MTBiking. You'll get better at - it given time and experience. (y)

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
Yeah... just bad design that.

Might pay to give some resin platforms a go - think of them as trainers. They are light, and I bet even the ones with resin pins will grab better than those... and won't damage your shins as much - just until you acquire some muscle memory skills so you no longer get wrong footed...

OR install your DMRs again but wear some shin guards.

Hang in there, don't get discouraged. Riding platform pedals is an acquired skill just like anything else in MTBiking. You'll get better at - it given time and experience. (y)
In addition to what @GrandPaBrogan said, if you are not already wearing proper shoes, get some! Trainers won't do it, your foot will slip off.

What I've just thought of doing (other than using the specialized plastic ones) is to straighten out the light ones and put those on my wall-hanger Orange P7 that I've been riding since the mid nineties, and take the old skool S&M flatties off that and put them on the Levo. They never seemed to ruin my legs back in the day and it keeps the red theme going.
I've got old biking SPD/Flattie crossover shoes but just two months ago I bought a new pair of Northwave shoes. I don't really want to wear shin guards etc, its just more stuff to put on and lug about.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles