What did you buy your ebike this week?

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
Christmas is early in my house. We’re off to Gran Canaria for 11 nights on the 23rd December, so are having our family Christmas today.

My wife looked at me like I had 2 heads when she asked what I wanted for Christmas… but these look awesome 😂😂

Got to go build some Lego with my 4 year old before heading to the in-laws, but hopefully I can get them on the wall when everyone’s in bed!!

View attachment 130800
gorgeous tools!

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
After stripping down the Levo and putting all the parts on the Fuel EXe and then thinking it would be nice to keep the Levo so I have a full fat and SL so I could choose which to take depending on who I was riding with, I PROMISED myself that I’d build the Levo backup with budget parts………

So this week, I bought……………….

Zeb Ultimates
GX t-type
AXS dropper
Hope Tech 4 E4 brakes
OneUp pedals
A new front wheel
A new saddle

Well, I am very pleased I built the levo back up to top spec. I went for a ride with @Rob Rides EMTB around Triscombe and the bike was 100% awesome !

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Birthday today .

20231220_204202.jpg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Ah, I would spray those earrings with this before I gave them to her.

View attachment 131045

Apparently it works on eMTB’s also. 🤷‍♂️
The only thing that works with eMTBs is spraying them with money, but even then diminishing returns sets in pretty quickly. Unless bling is your bag, of course, in which case Hope Tech will lighten your pockets. 😀

El Grifo

Apr 4, 2023
Islas Canarias
Christmas is early in my house. We’re off to Gran Canaria for 11 nights on the 23rd December, so are having our family Christmas today.

My wife looked at me like I had 2 heads when she asked what I wanted for Christmas… but these look awesome 😂😂

Got to go build some Lego with my 4 year old before heading to the in-laws, but hopefully I can get them on the wall when everyone’s in bed!!

View attachment 130800
Bit damp over this way right now but clearing tomorrow.
Christmas Sunshine 22c+

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Its raining hard today so I’m gonna forfeit my 200km ride today (oops, extra zero by accident)😉

Nothing new to show but I have some ideas and wishes for Xmas.

New mittens!

IMG_7257.jpeg
This happened earlier this year while I tried to prevent another bite from an off-leash pitbull-like dog. My ankle took most of the damage. The Dad came running, the Mom was screaming, and the two kids were crying. EMTB was ok!

Anyways, gives me a reason to visit the LBS tomorrow.

Every year I get to open the Sports Illustrated swimsuit calendar and hang it in my garage/bikeshop. But she forewarned me that this could be the last year. She can’t find any.

IMG_7253.jpeg

My Shimano XT cassette. It looks old …doesn’t it?

IMG_7254.jpeg

I’m not sure what this guy got but it looks useful.

IMG_7252.jpeg

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Every year I get to open the Sports Illustrated swimsuit calendar and hang it in my garage/bikeshop. But she forewarned me that this could be the last year. She can’t find any.

View attachment 131099
Leave it hanging and use it again in 2024, to be fair it's only there for the pictures ...

... but the 2024 calendar does look tasty 😉

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
The only thing that works with eMTBs is spraying them with money, but even then diminishing returns sets in pretty quickly. Unless bling is your bag, of course, in which case Hope Tech will lighten your pockets. 😀
…but I haven’t seen or felt or smelt real money for almost 20 years.
Which is why I think wireless credit/debit card machines should be carried by anyone selling cookies at my front door. 🚪 🍪 👍🏻

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Will do .
Yes
…but I haven’t seen or felt or smelt real money for almost 20 years.
Which is why I think wireless credit/debit card machines should be carried by anyone selling cookies at my front door. 🚪 🍪 👍🏻
I love saying to a shopkeeper do you still take real money. Oh aye we still dee that is the usual answer. But it's fading fast

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Nope, it just looks mucky. I can't see any problems with it, but that may be the muck that is obscuring the view.
Hmmm, I generally wear through 1 cassettes a year (1.5 maybe ?). Shimano XT 12 speed, HG Shimano chain, AXS GX. Chain checker says very little wear. Chainring is in very good condition.

My distance is down by 25% , probably because of some trail work this year. Now that I think of it, I’m down to 2 chains a year. But my chain is skipping/jumping in 4-5-6-7 gear while applying high torque. I’ve inspected every tooth on the cassette but I’m not exactly sure if there’s excessive wear on the shape of these teeth. I don’t know?

Maybe a thorough cleaning and/or disassembly of the chain, derailer and cassette may be necessary. A while ago I also changed to a different chain lubricant. Suppose to be better and last longer.

Bent or frozen link? Bent tooth? Dirty derailer?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles