What did you buy your ebike this week?

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
installed the Jack Components V2 Inline pump holder. Weighed the bike again. Bike is 41 lbs, 9 oz, fully ready to ride with pedals, EDC tool and pump. This is a size large running mullet with a 160 fork. I am really good with that.

BBE92B29-A4CC-4676-9702-C7228A27E189.jpeg BF0D1FA0-2958-4738-9F54-F6B4EDDE3543.jpeg E77C3253-5116-44BE-B8F8-98297B40441B.jpeg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Bike stuff.
Xmas Day brought me a rather nice Tee shirt, some Fox gloves to match my Fox shirt. Underneath from left to right a OneUp Components magic link opener and closer, above it an OUC bacon strip insert tool, an "On Ewer Bike" beermat and finally a pack of Bacon strips for use with the insert tool. :love:

Xmas tee shirt.jpg

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Great looking rack (I've used that line before 🤣) I picked up a 1UP rack last season (single version also in the silver anodized). Quite a lightweight quality build for the price. I have to store mine in my basment with a winding staircase and it's so ight to carry up and down. If I can get my wife to Ebike, I'll add another bike tray. I have a black SUV and would have preferred the black aluminum model, but you were smart t get the silver. The black, I've read tends to fade to a purplish color. I also like how easy it is to pop off and store in my car, rather than leave it attached and exposed to thieves in lonely trailhead parking areas. The flimsy locking pin system, is it's only weak spot IMO.

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Ha! Enjoy it . . . I picked up two of this exact same Ergon model (they have so many models) a few months back. First one was from my LBS for $159. I liked the first one so much, I also picked up one for my other ebike when I came across a new one on Ebay for like $40 off. To me, the mark of a good saddle is one that you don't even think about anymore while riding. That was not the case with the OEM Bontrager saddle, I found it very uncomfortable. I even bought the same small/medium size as you as I found by measuring my sit bones they were a narrow 4 inches apart.

Last edited:

Type1

Sep 6, 2022
Uk
After struggling to get my bike onto my present bike carrier and temporarily fixing it and stopping it falling out the carrier I decided to get myself a Buzzrack E-scorpion 1, I’m glad I did because even before I’ve used it for the first time it just feels so much better in construction and overall build quality is better too, my old Thule Ride-on has been great but I just needed something better, bought from the Roof Box company at a great price, here it is in fold up mode

View attachment 102246
That looks great. Be interested to hear how you get on when you’ve used it?

I’m in the market for exactly this and had assumed Thule were the best?

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
Is it "for my bike" if I bought body armor? As I get faster, I get more and more worried about our plentiful rocks. A couple weeks ago I had an absolutely stupid high-side in a nearly flat and straight section, proving you really never know when you're going to get tossed. My knee is just now ok. I'm going to try two different knees and see which is better, local shops have little to nothing for armor.

IMG_0260.jpg

Dec 5, 2022
Brisbane
I got tired of gauges that disagree or aren't very repeatable, so I bought one that is guaranteed to be calibrated and will be the ultimate judge. Since I'm currently experimenting with pressures in the range of 19-21 front and 20-23 rear, even just a single PSI of change is big.

81mp4E6-fPL._SL1500_.jpg

And here is me with the cheapest aldi floor pump, putting it somewhere between 20 and 30 both ends and not noticing any difference whatsoever.

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
And here is me with the cheapest aldi floor pump, putting it somewhere between 20 and 30 both ends and not noticing any difference whatsoever.

There are many things that are subtle or hard to notice for me, but tire pressure is one of the critical ones. It may depend on terrain and tires. I have large tires, and extremely mixed terrain. I can go from super soft sand to a shale over granite hill climb in a moment. High pressure means digging into sand, and low means damaging the tire/rim on the hard rock.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
A pair of Hellerman three pronged grommet spreaders for when I fit my new Kiox display, I’m a bit of a worrier and I’d rather “have it and not need it than need it and not have it” and for the sake of £20 it’s not worth worrying about, only downside is that they won’t arrive until between the 6 and 12th of January, oh well it’ll give me time to gather the other things I need 😉

3BF1929A-8EED-42A8-B5D6-6F6138AC0F7F.jpeg

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
Seems that Santa was busy with eMTBikers 👍🙂

I needed a new helmet to replace my MET Terra. Due to lack of stores carrying my desired helmets I went online shopping.

Head size 58-59cm, round flat head, as I found out. 😎

MET Veleno MIPS, Large and Medium
Large was my first choice a couple of weeks ago but surprisingly to wide, sitting on eye brows, medium ordered these days and not bad but in max. width still little tight and high on head.
Returned

POC Kortal MIPS - Large and Medium
Great ventilation feeling when trying on in direct comparison to the other candidates.👍
Large to wide, sitting on eye brows - no way to make it fit well, medium to small with pressure dents on the sides. 😔
Returned

Uvex Quatro cc MIPS
Large was fine, a little low on the eye brows but felt overall good.
Returned.

FOX Speedframe Pro
Medium quite tight and returned.
Large comfortable and kept because of better ventilation feeling than with the Uvex.
The fid-lock is the best at all! 👍

Yes, what a number of helmets. 😳. What an ordeal, ordering, picking up from DHL station and now preparing for return and following up getting refunds from various stores. I really wish not to have such experience again.

29A0A9BA-7149-4B9C-B458-69F03B4F8290.jpeg

big_scot_nanny

Subscriber
Nov 23, 2022
Scotland
A pair of 155mm Hope cranks for my Whyte e150rs, even though I watch what I’m doing on the trails I still get the odd peddle strike, Hope…fully 🙄 this will reduce them altogether 🤞

View attachment 103777

I just bought those too (in silver, for my Reign E+ 1), and the difference is dramatic. First day using them I had terrible cramp in weird muscles of my legs at the end of the day, but since then, glorious! Enjoy 👍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles