What bike are you buying next?

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
Looking for inspiration I’m going to replace my levo this year and don’t really know what to replace it with.
levo is great but I fancy a change maybe a Scott genius or trek rail but I’m not sure.What bike are you thinking of buying next and why.

Pacific Ryder

May 9, 2020
Northern California
I am replacing my 2020 levo as well. I wanted a Bosch system, mullet set up, and longer travel so the Cannondale Moterra LT2 is what I ordered. Pretty decent spec for the price with Magura brakes as a bonus. Only mods I can see doing are swapping for 50mm Diety bars, longer One UP dropper, shorter cranks, Ergon grips and saddle. Once the rear rotor wears, replace with 220 and different tires. Won't be here until late July......

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
I was thinking of going for a Bosch too Scott patron looks interesting and I liked the trek rail when I demoed it. I’ll check out the cannondale too 👍

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
Looking for inspiration I’m going to replace my levo this year and don’t really know what to replace it with.
levo is great but I fancy a change maybe a Scott genius or trek rail but I’m not sure.What bike are you thinking of buying next and why.
I was thinking of ordering something new by end of year but all the bikes I really like are Shimano motors which I don't intend on trying yet thanks. So will just keep monitoring what is in market place or any super deals.

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
I’m getting an analogue road bike. I love riding my Cube Stereo, it great fun, but my fitness has definitely dropped.
I am the exact opposite although I could not ride weekly due to a number of reasons but mainly due to spending 5 days per week in Gym I was just too knackered. Now on an E-Bike although early days I am riding monthly average 80-140 miles (Estimate) 4-13 times per mth compared to 1-2 per mth average 10-20 miles.

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
I reckon you’ve got three choices; go full fat, full lightweight or in-between. You probably didn’t have those choices when you bought your Levo. It depends what type of riding you want to do. Want the lightness and manoeuvrability of an analogue bike and are not bothered about having to work harder or keep up with mates?You could go super lightweight. Want to replace Levo. There are any number of good alternatives, including latest Levo. Want something in between? Bit harder work, bit lighter, maybe something like an Orbea Rise (which is what I’ve just bought to compliment my Kenevo.)

BBear

May 18, 2019
Bristol
I am the exact opposite although I could not ride weekly due to a number of reasons but mainly due to spending 5 days per week in Gym I was just too knackered. Now on an E-Bike although early days I am riding monthly average 80-140 miles (Estimate) 4-13 times per mth compared to 1-2 per mth average 10-20 miles.
Yes if I spent 5 days a week in the gym I think I’d just stick with my emtb as well.

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
I was thinking of ordering something new by end of year but all the bikes I really like are Shimano motors which I don't intend on trying yet thanks. So will just keep monitoring what is in market place or any super deals.
I tried a shimano motor and really liked it but the battery degradation put me off.

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
I reckon you’ve got three choices; go full fat, full lightweight or in-between. You probably didn’t have those choices when you bought your Levo. It depends what type of riding you want to do. Want the lightness and manoeuvrability of an analogue bike and are not bothered about having to work harder or keep up with mates?You could go super lightweight. Want to replace Levo. There are any number of good alternatives, including latest Levo. Want something in between? Bit harder work, bit lighter, maybe something like an Orbea Rise (which is what I’ve just bought to compliment my Kenevo.)
If specialized release the mid fat levo as is rumoured that could definitely be a contender

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
I tried a shimano motor and really liked it but the battery degradation put me off.
I am really liking Bosch so would like to stay for now, I recently spoke with a Bosch Auto Electrician who have just been authorised for repair and warranty work on the motors so not just through Bike shops which i thought was really positive. I am hoping for I never have to use.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Theres nothing out there that I would swap my current bike for right now.

If someone does something around the 20kg weight mark with battery size and motor power similar to the orbea rise, with a frame geo and travel similar to a kenevo SL, at the price and components spec level similar to a rise m20/m10 then I'll be all over that.

Last edited:

Kilham5

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Mar 12, 2020
North Yorkshire
Colnago C68
Titanium lugged in
Black and Gold
Shimano M9200 Dura-Ace Di2, rim brakes, Enve wheels on Conti GP5000S

7.2 kg, with unlimited range and speed.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Colnago C68
Titanium lugged in
Black and Gold
Shimano M9200 Dura-Ace Di2, rim brakes, Enve wheels on Conti GP5000S

7.2 kg, with unlimited range and speed.

I wouldn’t consider a road bike as pedalling tarmac isn’t my thing, but I would consider a regular MTB as my next choice. Something like a SC Hightower / Yeti SB150 / Orbea Rallon

I’m nowhere near fit enough to ride one uphill yet though, but to descend the trails on a 13kg bike would be great. And as you say, unlimited range too 👊🏼

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I’m nowhere near fit enough to ride one uphill yet though, but to descend the trails on a 13kg bike would be great.
Uplift...

I quite fancy a Spesh Status for uplift days.
Now I've got a KSL any new eeb will require a leap in battery tech to secure my hard earned.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Uplift...

I quite fancy a Spesh Status for uplift days.
Now I've got a KSL any new eeb will require a leap in battery tech to secure my hard earned.

Yep. Imagine that, a bike you can take to uplifts so only have to pilot the bike using gravity, take abroad without having the hassle of the battery, take on camping road trips and not having to worry about charging the thing. Makes sense 😬

Tedgar

Dec 29, 2019
Sebring, Florida
Don't fall for the new bike hype. I ride a 2019 Levo. I ride friend's ebikes and rent new ebikes at Kanuga when I get the bug. There is nothing I would trade for right now, not to mention how much it would cost me. The only thing so far I like as much as mine going down is the 2022 Kenevo but it costs $11k and climbs like an analog bike. The 2022 Levo is NOT an upgrade in my opinion. Couldn't tell any difference between it and my kids 2020 bone stocker. Felt way worse than my 2019 with 170 Zebs, cascade link and 55mm DPX. I would recommend a suspension upgrade before a new bike if you have room to grow in that area. I have been thru 2 motors and have a updated motor as a spare and to use when the warranty expires.

TKB

Apr 28, 2022
Norway
If you want a solid trail/enduro bike and want to forget about range anxiety, get the new Canyon Spectral:ON CF with a 900Wh battery! It's fairly lightweight in spite of the huge battery. Uses the EP8 motor.

I just ordered the CF7 and that doesn't break the bank either :)

malc101

Nov 29, 2021
Upstate, NY
I’m getting an analogue road bike. I love riding my Cube Stereo, it great fun, but my fitness has definitely dropped.
I bought a Turbo Creo SL. Allows me to do 70-80 mile exploration rides through lots of hills. I have done this on an analog bike, but was always physically and mentally shot for days after doing so. Mentally shot because I'd have that OH F feeling when I hit the 20th climb of the day.

Manitunc

May 18, 2020
Florida
My SCOR 4060z st slx is coming next week. I’ve been riding a Levo sl till now.

Chairman

Feb 25, 2022
Nz
Really loving my Moterra 1 set up with mullet so rather than a new bike I am considering a 180 fork and 170 rear coil upgrade if I can work out which rear linkage to use. I would love a 750 battery but hopefully someone will come up with a water bottle cage adapter for the Bosch. The new LT Cannondale does look good and I would be tempted but no idea when they will get to NZ

tprojosh

Jun 18, 2022
usa
I’m planing on putting a 72v bbshd on a trek session, so I guess that’s the “next” thing. Kind of figuring out fork options at the moment for that much power, thoughts?

Endoguru

Aug 21, 2019
Usa
This is exactly what ive been thinking of doing as an owner of a Kenevo SL. I’ve read mixed reviews on the Rise. What do you think?

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
I’m planing on putting a 72v bbshd on a trek session, so I guess that’s the “next” thing. Kind of figuring out fork options at the moment for that much power, thoughts?
Have you already got the motor? I went through that process & found it wasn't worth it. Good fun project though

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
I’d get a whyte E160, goes anywhere.
Having said that I own one with no plans to change due to the cost of new, my plan is to keep it running and change parts as required.

I would buy something that only has stock parts that can be replaced directly from a manufacturer, ie no custom batteries etc.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles