What about the Specialized S-Works Romin EVO Mirror saddle

Roc

Oct 13, 2021
Belgium
I tried multiple saddles Selle ITALIA, Prologo. I have the Ergon SM E-Mountain Core Prime so far but she doesn’t fit for me. She puts me more on the front of the bike and I feel most of my weight is shifted onto my hands 😟 I tried multiple settings but the feeling is the same.
I would like to know if somebody already tries the huge price Specialized S-Works Romin EVO Mirror ? What are your feelings, conclusions ?

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
I have one on a road bike, and it is certainly very comfortable! But I don't think it would affect how much of your weight is on your hands - that is more likely just the relative locations of the saddle and handlebar. Maybe try moving your saddle back a bit, or the bars up a bit. I have a Rise too, and found the saddle a lot further forwards than I'm used to, so have it pushed back quite far.

I haven't tried the Mirror saddle on my EMTB, but was thinking it may be ok for gentler rides in the dry. Any crash and it would get ripped I'm sure. Plus mud getting into the holes could be annoying ...

Roc

Oct 13, 2021
Belgium
I have one on a road bike, and it is certainly very comfortable! But I don't think it would affect how much of your weight is on your hands - that is more likely just the relative locations of the saddle and handlebar. Maybe try moving your saddle back a bit, or the bars up a bit. I have a Rise too, and found the saddle a lot further forwards than I'm used to, so have it pushed back quite far.

I haven't tried the Mirror saddle on my EMTB, but was thinking it may be ok for gentler rides in the dry. Any crash and it would get ripped I'm sure. Plus mud getting into the holes could be annoying ...
Thanks for your feedback.
I've already moved the saddle back a bit without having any different sensation. If I moved more again, she will be at the maximum limit. But I'll try until the max limit.

So the saddle is too fragile to put it on an EMTB? :cautious: however, if I put filter on the Specialized website and select the EMTB option, the website will show me the Mirror one.

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Came across this earlier, and the reviewer thinks mud isn't a problem, and it easily cleans out.

I'd still be worried about them tearing though if say branches hit the side holes of the saddle, but it depends on the type of riding you are doing.

Kilham5

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Mar 12, 2020
North Yorkshire
Very nice saddles if you have very deep pockets.
Perfect for a very high end road bike where you might spend 5 - 6 hours a day.

Not sure how durable they will be for the rigours of MTB riding.

Despite the €400 price tag, they are unlikely to solve your bike fit issue.

Reactions: Roc

Roc

Oct 13, 2021
Belgium
You need to get some 35mm rise handlebars. That’ll take some weight off your hands. You can also go higher rise than that but you’ll start losing cool points on your MTB look.

- that $400 seat will be trash after your first off on the woods.
Yes I was thinking about the handlebars during my last trip... You think that a 35mm is enough ? I'm 1.75m tall and have an Orbea Rise size M.

Roc

Oct 13, 2021
Belgium
Came across this earlier, and the reviewer thinks mud isn't a problem, and it easily cleans out.

I'd still be worried about them tearing though if say branches hit the side holes of the saddle, but it depends on the type of riding you are doing.

Thanks for the video... If I can resume ; very comfier saddle but.... does it worth it ? yes, if it the price is 50% cheaper :)

Roc

Oct 13, 2021
Belgium
Your current ones look pretty flat so it’ll for sure help. Also pushing your seat forward on the rails will take weight off your hands too.
the saddle I have on my profil is the Prologo (the previous one) but I've just put the Ergon SM E-Mountain Core Prime... I saw in the forum that multiple persons loves this saddle. Not the case for me.... I'm thinking about going back to the Prologo one.
IMG_0088.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles