What 27.5" front and rear wheeled bikes are available now and possibly 2023?

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
27.5" front and rear just suits me so I don't want to get into the whole 27.5" vs 29" debate here (yes I've ridden a 29" off road 😎).

I currently have a '20 Cube Stereo 160 (625wh) and my current plan to replace it is either with another Cube Stereo 160 (750wh) either '22 or '23 depending on prices, spec and stock of both but before I commit to that I'm trying to compile a list of full suspension bikes that offer similar travel, spec and price.

My list is pretty small at the minute as you can imagine 🤣

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
Specialized Kenevo 🤌
Actually I did have my eye on that initially but we ruled it out before I got the Cube because it might be a bit too much to handle doing mainly trail riding due to its travel and triple crowns. Also I'll be buying new this time so it's a fair bit more expensive too.

So yeah, it's a more trail oriented bike I'm after, the 170mm front and 160mm rear travel I have currently is about the max I'd want for what I do.

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
I got a 21 Whyte e180. It’s a brilliant bike and had no issues at all. Fine a local dealer depending on where your from or ride
I thought I read somewhere actually that only the Small sized bike came with 27.5 up front and the Medium and Larger sizes had 29"?

Healy

Oct 4, 2020
Forest of dean
Sorry just looked into that. I got mine from ace in Monmouth. The owner is also the manager at pedal a bike away. Ask ace if you could demo a mix to see if you like it

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
Sorry just looked into that. I got mine from ace in Monmouth. The owner is also the manager at pedal a bike away. Ask ace if you could demo a mix to see if you like it
Good shout actually as I'm not far away from Pedalbikeaway.

#mitch

🦷 Tooth Fairy 🦷
Aug 23, 2021
New Zealand
I own the Kenevo and it’s absolutely fantastic. There is literally no downside to having more travel especially when you are talking about 160 vs 180 or whatever.

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
I own the Kenevo and it’s absolutely fantastic. There is literally no downside to having more travel especially when you are talking about 160 vs 180 or whatever.
I often use my Cube for getting about locally in urban environments to visit people and the 170/160 is a bit of a dog to hop up curbs but I guess when I'm out on the trails 180 would be just fine. It'll probably boil down to price though, I want a new bike this time because I've been buying second hand for far too long to want to treat myself and the Cube Stereo 160's seem like such good value for money 🤑 Ordinarily money wouldn't be such a high motivation for me but I'm that stage where I'm trying to completely pay off my entire mortgage so I've been hammering away at that for the past 2 year 😎

Last edited:

#mitch

🦷 Tooth Fairy 🦷
Aug 23, 2021
New Zealand
I often use my Cube for getting about locally in urban environments to visit people and the 170/160 is a bit of a dog to hop up curbs but I guess when I'm out on the trails 180 would be just fine. It'll probably boil down to price though, I want a new bike this time because I've been buying second hand for far too long to want to treat myself and the Cube Stereo 160's seem like such good value for money 🤑 Ordinarily money wouldn't be such a high motivation for me but I'm that stage where I'm trying to completely pay off my entire mortgage so I've been hammering away at that for the past 2 year 😎
Yeah absolutely get you there.

Healy

Oct 4, 2020
Forest of dean
That’s why I’m sticking with Whyte and of it goes wrong I only have to drop it off local. Going to try a nukeproof megawatt that I’m hiring in morzine next year tho to put it out my head

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
That's what I'm finding, I don't have an issue with my current Cube so it looks like I'll probably be getting another one then 🤣
Just got the 2022 action team 160 travel so 27.5 wheels... Absolutely love it. Some minor niggles that you think 'what pleb designed this?' (crappy battery cover) but I think with any other manufacturer you're paying more for less.

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
Just got the 2022 action team 160 travel so 27.5 wheels... Absolutely love it. Some minor niggles that you think 'what pleb designed this?' (crappy battery cover) but I think with any other manufacturer you're paying more for less.
With the '22 bikes I like the spec of the TM but the blue colour of the SL 🤦‍♂️ Maybe '23 will bring a colour combo and spec I like 🤔

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
I changed my Levo SL to 27.5", found some nice wheels on sale and had my LBS reset the wheel diameter to keep the 20 mph assist limit. Much happier with these than the original 29s.

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
I changed my Levo SL to 27.5", found some nice wheels on sale and had my LBS reset the wheel diameter to keep the 20 mph assist limit. Much happier with these than the original 29s.
I thought about that before I got my Cube but was told it wouldn't be a good idea for one reason or another but if it works for you then thats cool 😎

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
I thought about that before I got my Cube but was told it wouldn't be a good idea for one reason or another but if it works for you then thats cool 😎
It lowers the bottom bracket about 19 mm and changes the trail slightly, a pro rider could probably tell the difference but I can't.

Mitchb

Nov 13, 2021
San Diego
You mentioned saving some money; the Yamaha ydx moro are 160mm and 27.5" front and back. It has been a great bike for me for $4400. Limited range though.

franciscoasismm

May 31, 2021
Badajoz

franciscoasismm

May 31, 2021
Badajoz

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles