Westgate, Upper Weardale Co.Durham . 4.3.2023

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
This ride will be very weather dependant ..with the main concern being strong wind ( although snow & ice would also be a serious consideration 😁) .
You also have to like climbing and full batteries are a must ..it passes close to the highest tarmac road in England and we are nudging the 700m mark at the highest point ..I think the last time @The EMF ,Jaco & myself did this ride it was in excess of 4,000ft of climbing ..and we nearly got blown off the hillside nr.Scaud Hill on Burnhope Moor ..
It's a tough old ride ( yet those two gents are still coming back for more ) ...but not if its windy ..don't know if I mentioned that 😉
Anyone barmy..I mean interested enough to join us ..
More route details to be posted once the ride has been confirmed

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Not looking good weather-wise..
Met office forecast for wintry showers on the hills on Friday ( read snow) ...overnight freezing for Saturday with strong winds out of the North ..not the conditions we were looking for especially as battery range will be tested to the full .
If no improvement later in the week then I would be suggesting a postponement....
Later dudes...😎

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Now postponed due to a combination of adverse weather ( -c temps which will reduce range ) and a couple of riders now not able to make it )..but will be re-arranged in the not too distant ..as it is one of Wayne , Jaco & myself 's favourite rides ..

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Now re-arranged for 4.3.23..
Myself and Wayne confirmed ..hopefully Jaco too..
It's going to be cold ..hovering around freezing but the wind speed looks OK..
Anyone else interested ?
Ride details to follow .

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Great ride with Wayne ,Phil & Jaco ..
I left my mobile in the car so no pics from me ..but plenty from Phil in the Pic of the Day section..
Here are the stats from Wayne's Strava
Screenshot_20230305_054728_WhatsApp.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles