We're smoked out in Tahoe, how about E biking El Corte de Madera?

ridesantacruz

Feb 4, 2020
Santa Cruz
I'm wondering what the attitude is toward E bikes?
The haters are vocal on the forums, but everyone is cool on the trails. I won't worry about it, best decision I ever made. Riding more then I ever had, way more miles and way more smiles. I live in Santa Cruz, rode UCSC on Thursday, saw more e-bikes out mid-day then acoustic bikes. I grew up in Marin, so I know the area well.If I still lived there, I would probably stay off the smaller loops like China camp and Tamarancho and be doing bigger rides. I would be crushing all the trails on the backside of Tam, Bolinas Ridge, Pine Mountain, ride mid-week and go where you never see anyone anyways.

Four Flusher

Jun 24, 2019
Reno
I've been wanting to plan a trip up there in the next week or so. So the smoke it pretty bad it sounds?
It's been really bad, in the last month it's been ok to ride maybe one or two days a week, plus it's hot as shit. Maybe come up after labor day. I'm old a dirt but I ride often normally, reach out if you head my way.

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
It's been really bad, in the last month it's been ok to ride maybe one or two days a week, plus it's hot as shit. Maybe come up after labor day. I'm old a dirt but I ride often normally, reach out if you head my way.

Thanks for the 411 man. Appreciate it. Maybe I'll stick with Sedona, but they are pretty humid now as well. Then again, so is SoCal so I'm used to it - I think. (y)

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
I use this PurpleAir website to track air quality. Tahoe is really bad this morning.

Link to PurpleAir (Edit: give the map a few moments to load all the data.)

(Another edit: Zoom out, then scroll up so you can see the north end of California. There is some seriously toxic bad air up there.)

Hadn't seen PurpleAir. Thanks. Nice site.

CraigR

Aug 10, 2020
Livermore, Ca
purpleair is nice, but check out Fire and Smoke Map. It shows all the purpleair sensors (Which are private low cost sensor anyone can buy and install) as squares plus the official government sensors (Round) plus the smoke plumes in the air and the location of current/active fires burning. You can click on any sensor or fire to get details.

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
purpleair is nice, but check out Fire and Smoke Map. It shows all the purpleair sensors (Which are private low cost sensor anyone can buy and install) as squares plus the official government sensors (Round) plus the smoke plumes in the air and the location of current/active fires burning. You can click on any sensor or fire to get details.

Holy crap. I was looking at some of the reading in south Tahoe. Man, those numbers are off the charts. I had no idea.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles