Well this turned up....

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Ordered two weeks ago. Estimated delivery for late May. Picked up this afternoon. Ride tomorrow. :)

new bike.jpg

I don't know if I'll keep or sell my 2019 e160-900. It'll be interesting to see how it differs with the bigger battery and EP8. More importantly, do I upgrade to AXS? The spaghetti cables aren't pretty.

Gordon

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
See my “ cheap hacks for Whyte E150 RS”. I tidied my cockpit for pennies ?

Last edited by a moderator:

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
See my “ cheap hacks for Whyte E150 RS”. I tidied my cockpit for pennies ?

Thanks. It's more how the cables are run through the frame. Looks like a US/Euro set up with a brake lever swap. In Oz rear brake is on the left. What I have is rear brake running down left side of headtube and dropper cable running down the right. Both from left side of the handle bar. Makes it impossible to cable tie neatly (they actually give you a heap of proper cable tidies but you can't use them) and looks pretty average. Going to have to drop the motor to sort it out. Also hose are really long. 1st world problems... A couple of hours on a work stand next week and I'll get it sorted out. Likely It'll have an AXS dropper on it by the weekend anyway.

Also, If I want to remove the light I need to drop the motor and detach the cable. It'd be really nice if the cable could have been detached at the actual light as well so you could clip it off if you wanted to without a full uninstall. I doubt I'll ever use it so it'll probably go as well.

Just the little things that you run into on a new bike. Certainly not deal breakers.

Well, the pedals are on, tubes are out and battery charged. Time to see how this thing feels compared to the old one. :)

Gordon

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Thanks. It's more how the cables are run through the frame. Looks like a US/Euro set up with a brake lever swap. In Oz rear brake is on the left. What I have is rear brake running down left side of headtube and dropper cable running down the right. Both from left side of the handle bar. Makes it impossible to cable tie neatly (they actually give you a heap of proper cable tidies but you can't use them) and looks pretty average. Going to have to drop the motor to sort it out. Also hose are really long. 1st world problems... A couple of hours on a work stand next week and I'll get it sorted out. Likely It'll have an AXS dropper on it by the weekend anyway.

Also, If I want to remove the light I need to drop the motor and detach the cable. It'd be really nice if the cable could have been detached at the actual light as well so you could clip it off if you wanted to without a full uninstall. I doubt I'll ever use it so it'll probably go as well.

Just the little things that you run into on a new bike. Certainly not deal breakers.

Well, the pedals are on, tubes are out and battery charged. Time to see how this thing feels compared to the old one. :)

Gordon
You’re right about the little things, you don’t notice them when you’re at full chat out on the trails......enjoy ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles