Levo Gen 2 Water getting onto Battery in no time

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
Water and crap is getting onto the battery in no time.
It's as though the Frame & Rock Guard are providing hardly any protection from water or crap from getting onto the Battery!
I'm getting all the usual problems - Battery Errors (Red & Blue Light) or failing to Start Up altogether after being stored for over a day or two and I think it's related to water getting in.

Any ideas whats allowing this to happen ?

Is it just a case of not using the Bike at all during wet spells ?

Previous to driving the bike this small distance through Wintery ground, it was very clean and dry, the pictures show the state of it after just 40K:

levo2.jpeg

levo1.jpeg

levo4.jpeg

levo3.jpeg

Last edited:

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
What seen on photos is completely normal (for wet/muddy rides) and should not harm the battery in any way. Battery is sealed unit, the only exposed part is the socket which is (at leaset should be) closed with Rosenberger plug to maintain water seal.

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
The problems I'm getting is that when the bike is stored for a day or more and I try to turn it on, it's reluctant to start up - Usually either nothing happens, or it just beeps with the TCU remaining Black. Eventually - after several attempts - it starts up and shows a Battery Error.
Once it's on though, it works okay for the entire ride.
It's just a hassle at start-up. I assumed it was due to the battery getting wet.

Do these troubles sound like the usual signs of water getting onto the cable between the battery and motor ?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
As a bove check your battery to motor cable....specifically the connection cap at the motor end. If it is the older model cable it will more than likely be cracked and let in water. When that connector first starts to crack it can throw up all sorts of intermittent electrical problems. Your bash guard and battery are as clean as you can expect this time of year....I have seen a lot worse, but unless that area gathers enough trail debris to create a wet mud mass covering the area where all the cables connect to the motor it will not cause any problems.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles