Waimate, NZ calling

PureFM

Sep 26, 2023
45°S New Zealand
Just a wee hi from little old Waimate in New Zealand.
Just started on the slippery slope of changing from a Sweat wheel to an eMtb. 2 new bikes (Orbea Rise H30 for me and Liv Embolden for my wife), have towbar fitted to the Camper van as the current bike rack can't handle the weight of eMtb's. New bike rack but needed to get a Yakima Back swing so the back doors to the van can be accessed.
Now the mods start .......

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Welcome aboard.

My daughter has an h30 rise. Awesome bit of kit.

I advice against a swing away for e bikes. That adds more leverage ratio and flex. All things you don't want when with heavy an emtbs.

Sounds like you already have a rack, but if you decide to go to vertical I can hook you up with one of my vertical racks.

PureFM

Sep 26, 2023
45°S New Zealand
Welcome aboard.

My daughter has an h30 rise. Awesome bit of kit.

I advice against a swing away for e bikes. That adds more leverage ratio and flex. All things you don't want when with heavy an emtbs.

Sounds like you already have a rack, but if you decide to go to vertical I can hook you up with one of my vertical racks.
First ride today. After 30 years of Hardtails - this was quite different. Lots to learn ...
We do have a rack now, Back swing was mandatory - Our van heater runs on LPG which is accessed thru the rear doors. LPG always runs out when its dark and cold (the butane & propane mix seperates due to the cold). Its bad enough getting out of bed at O dark hundred when its cold to change the bottles over. Having to take 2 locked bikes off of a rack, take the rack off so the doors can be opened, change gas bottles. put rack back on, put bikes back on rack and lock them. After all that there's zero chance of getting back to sleep ......
Looked at a vertical rack from RealRack which I liked except the bikes have to be lifted up to the hookup at the top. The VelociRax looked interesting but as we get older a horizontal rack makes more sense. We're both retired ..... Also my bike is 20kg with pedals and my wifes is 22kg without battery so the backswing should handle that easily ....

BazzaNZ

Jul 1, 2023
Alexandra NZ
Yes looking forward to seeing what the e part of MTB opens up for us. No doubt Alex will be in there somewhere
Hiya PureFM - trails down here in Alex looking good for the season. Took a bit of work to get Clutha Gold in particular back up to scratch after flooding in CLutha Rv, and recent big winds knocking willow trees over, but we are on top of it again and now we have most of the extension to Waihola all go (official opening to come). Still working on negotiations for the gap in Roxburgh Gorge, and Kawarau Gorge construction is creeping closer. Flat Top Hill MTB trails also worth visiting as is the Matangi Stn TMB Park.. Hope you make it down this way.
Barrie (CO Clutha Trails)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles