Levo Gen 2 Wahoo issue. Whats a good alternative

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
Hi. Getting rather fed up with my Wahoo Element Bolt V1.
Had it 18 months or so.
Its linked to my 2019 Levo.
Not for the first time has it reported incorrect mileage, latest firmware installed and correct tyre size etc which is the same as the Levo.
Today I watched the mileage jump from 22 to 38. Correct total mileage for my ride was 24 miles, Wahoo reported 42.
Wahoo support do help but it seems to revert to this problem sooner or later.
Question is ..
What would be a good GPS alternative, one that gives the same metrics that are visible when riding such as Cadence, Mode, Battery remaining etc and of course the route mapping. Must be able to talk to the Levo or whatever the terminology is.

Thanks

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
I gave up on Wahoo after experiencing the crazy mileage issues that you are seeing. I went with a Garmin 830. So far so good.
Thanks for the response, I have written to Wahoo regarding the issue.
Been doing it on and off since I bought it, getting naffed off now so the 830 is on my radar.
Does the 830 give you the same data as the Wahoo, ie remaining battery, mode (Eco/Trail/turbo) and cadence etc.

Cheers

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
I was using a Garmin edge 520 plus (pictured) which gave all of that info’ and more, have recently updated to the Garmin edge 530 as it’s a little bit bigger. You just need to install ebike field to get the mode and battery percentage left.

C7209DD0-9E56-4815-AD9D-C77A7671A860.jpeg

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
I am sure any garmin is way better than the wahoo stuff. Or why not a cheap Android running blevo?

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
Response from Wahoo, following my email.

Thank you for getting in touch again and letting us know about your experience. We've had a look at the FIT file you have kindly provided. The behaviour you are seeing is software related. This is an issue we are aware of and we have opened an internal ticket with our development team to investigate and resolve the problem.

Since we have an open ticket with our development team, all customer service tickets related to the issue (including this one) will be marked as “On-Hold” and merged with the developer ticket to be monitored internally. This process allows us to send automatic notifications to you via email when changes are complete. Full release notes are posted on https://support.wahoofitness.com

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles