Volume spacers in DPX2 on Jam2 6.9

Andrew426

Sep 27, 2022
New Zealand
Has anybody here tried changing the volume spacers in a DPX2 fitted to a bosch jam2 6.9? Currently I have the smallest spacer, 0.2 cubic inch and am running the shock at 285psi to get a supportive feel. I'm not super heavy, 90kg with gear, CamelBak etc. And I think 285PSI is way too high a pressure to be running at my weight. Unfortunately I gave my DPS away before I thought to take it apart and see what spacer was in it. I have bought a kit of 5 volume spacers (0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.86 and 1.02 cubic inch) and I'm thinking il start with the 0.86 and either go higher or lower depending on how it feels.

Has anybody else swapped their spacers? It would be good to hear what size somebody else is using so that I can use that as starting point.

Andrew426

Sep 27, 2022
New Zealand
So, for anybody interested the 0.86 and 1.02 cubic inch spacers are not recommended for a 55mm stroke shock with "CR too high" appearing in the notes column for these two. I fitted the 0.4 cubic inch spacer which I think I'm happy with, no more harsh bottom out and good support in the mid stroke. I'm at 275psi now (down from 290) which I think has helped the breakaway at the start of travel. I did service the shock at the same time though, that is probably a big part of the improvement.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles