VIC Alpine trips

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
You must of been going too slow...
I hammered through them! ? I will be applying a whole tube of grease this time around though. Might actually silicon it shut lol

We were camped on a beach up cape york once at the start of the wet season. Next morning we learnt all about hitting river crossings hard - the only way to get our motirbikes across was to aquaplane! One if the most amazing days of motorbike riding,.

I've actually wondered about using butyl tape around my electrical connection - messy stuff, but it remains flexible and seals really well. I yse it in preference to silicone on the boat

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I've actually wondered about using butyl tape around my electrical connection - messy stuff, but it remains flexible and seals really well. I yse it in preference to silicone on the boat
Yeah I keep saying I’m going to do these kinds of things but in reality I’ll be upgrading the bike before warranty ends. I am however going to start looking after the new bike from now on so I can recoup as much money as possible. I’ve been greasing up the motor bearings often to prevent water ingress and I’ve stopped using the car washes.
I’ll see how I feel come Buller but I don’t like my chances of walking the river. It’s kind of a highlight for me. Plus I don’t like getting my socks wet.

Pdoz

Feb 16, 2019
I hear you - approaching the 2 year mark with my bike at the moment, logic says trade up and the lbs has been waving some very tempting options my way " just borrow the reign whilst we work on your bike" plus an extremely tempting price on a trance sx. Trouble is, these fires have left me even more environmentally aware than usual and I'm questioning the impact of constantly trading up our ebikes. Plus I really do love the old school geometry of the full e ( at least until I get back on my daughters genius 940) . I think if they told me the power cuts were motor related I'd be bailing, but I'm pretty sure it'll just be a wet contact. Better be...I've just replaced head bearings, all the swing arm bushes, and gad that rear shock serviced....

aussieskier

Feb 4, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Had a good maiden long weekend on the Levo at Buller.

Trails there are definitely a challenge, there's a massive gap from a technical perspective from super easy to relatively difficult so I felt like I'd jumped in at the deep end at times!!

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Oh man I love Buller and everything it has to offer! I can’t wait to go back soon.
How’d you find the Levo? Would have been ideal for Epic trail.

I just done Lake Mountain on Saturday and it was so good. It’s just the right amount of everything for a quick half day trip.

aussieskier

Feb 4, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Levo is great, I'm a noob so I don't have much to compare it to except the couple of rented Trek Powerflys I rode this time last year. I had to ride most singletrack in eco mode as even in trail mode the acceleration was too much for my skills so maybe I need to dial it back a hair in the settings.

People tell me I should try the Epic Trail from TBJ - and on the Levo I would imagine getting to TBJ would be a breeze, I got to Howqua Gap on Sunday with virtually no effort. I then did part of the Stonefly ascent which was too technical for me, plenty of walking, then came down the River Trail to Delatite.

Tell me more about Lake Mountain, I definitely need to get my skills up ie at Buller the last drop on Gang Gangs is too steep for me right now but the rest of the trail is great.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Hahaha your right you are a noob but never fear get out there and in no time you will be gapping things you never thought you could.
In comparison I found Epic to be a breeze but I’ve been riding for a while. Get out to the smaller parks and session trails over and over. It’ll be the best way to improve your skill set focusing on one trail at a time.
What area do you reside in?

Pdoz

Feb 16, 2019
Levo is great, I'm a noob so I don't have much to compare it to except the couple of rented Trek Powerflys I rode this time last year. I had to ride most singletrack in eco mode as even in trail mode the acceleration was too much for my skills so maybe I need to dial it back a hair in the settings.

People tell me I should try the Epic Trail from TBJ - and on the Levo I would imagine getting to TBJ would be a breeze, I got to Howqua Gap on Sunday with virtually no effort. I then did part of the Stonefly ascent which was too technical for me, plenty of walking, then came down the River Trail to Delatite.

Tell me more about Lake Mountain, I definitely need to get my skills up ie at Buller the last drop on Gang Gangs is too steep for me right now but the rest of the trail is great.

That last section of the epic from tbj back to the river will be perfect for you - the down hills are mostly machine cut so fairly predictable. Even just the section along the river can be fun at speed.

If you're struggling with skills, it might be worth investing in some education? I had the pleasure of following one of the guys from all terrain down that last bit of the epic, I'm reasonable confident he backed off his pace just enough to stretch my comfort level and then he was exaggerating manoeuvres . It's amazing how much I picked up in just 10 k's. Presumably formal training is even more beneficial

aussieskier

Feb 4, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
That last section of the epic from tbj back to the river will be perfect for you - the down hills are mostly machine cut so fairly predictable. Even just the section along the river can be fun at speed.

If you're struggling with skills, it might be worth investing in some education? I had the pleasure of following one of the guys from all terrain down that last bit of the epic, I'm reasonable confident he backed off his pace just enough to stretch my comfort level and then he was exaggerating manoeuvres . It's amazing how much I picked up in just 10 k's. Presumably formal training is even more beneficial
Yes absolutely.

I was a ski instructor for 10 years / 20 winters so technical improvement is a big deal for me.

A mate of mine, also an ex-ski instructor, gave me some good pointers on Saturday so I've got a few things to work on.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I'm in the Prahran area.
Oh perfect, I’m in Moonee Ponds. I have a what’s ap group for ebikers if your interested in tagging along to any of our rides. I also have a pedal bike group some of which are ebikers now. All ages, all skill level. If your interested pm me your details and I can add you.
More than happy to take you out to a few local parks and help improve your skill level. Otherwise as Pdoz said above, some professional lesions is always a good idea. It’s amazing what a few little techniques can do to change your whole perspective on what you can tackle.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles