Levo Gen 2 Used Turbo Levo Expert

speedbump

Sep 24, 2020
Seattle, WA
Hey all, wanting to get a e mountain bike and I found a hardly used 2017 Turbo Levo Expert. I can get it for $4K, maybe a little less.
Couple concerns....

no warranty
Older technology. (Lesser battery and motor)

Are the new 2021 improved that much to pass up saving nearly 4K on a older bike that’s been hardly used?

I asked this on another forum and both responses said pass. Do these lose value that quick? Is there upgrade options for the motor and battery?

Would appreciate input from some of you who know these bikes better. I’m mostly a roadie and downhill guy but need to stay more active while the world is shut down. Need to keep up with my younger friends! Lol.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Old alloy frame (newer Experts have carbon frames), old motor & battery (if it was hardly used there is possibility that battery is not in very good condition), no warranty, for $4K I would definitely pass ...

kawamaha

Apr 1, 2020
Monaco
too expensive, but if you can get it much cheaper, that's what I would looking for:
- is the motor a brose 1.2 or 1.3? the 1.3 is called C972 in the Mission Control app and is, IMHO, a very good motor.
- if it's a 1.3, has it full power (780W max.) or is it a lemon (580W) - then you need to update the motor firmware
- the 2017 levos had no remote, I guess you can upgrade that but someone should confirm this (and adds some more bucks to the overall price)

Dirk74

Subscriber
Jun 6, 2020
Germany
The Turbo Levo MY 2019 and 2020 basicaly have the same frame and motor, battery (500 or 700Wh depending on the modell) as the 2021 MY.
MY 2019/2020 has the 4 year extended warranty for the motor, due to failed motor components. The MY 2021 should have improvements for that.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles