Urrun: routing a dropper cable

markloch

May 14, 2021
NorCal
I won a raffle, and am getting a ‘23 Urrun 30!

No dropper on the ‘23, wondering if anyone has routed a cable through the downtube and whether it requires the battery to be removed or can one feed the housing through. I assume the motor needs to be pulled. I’ve done it before on my Rail but it’s got a removable battery.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
You could install a SRAM AXS Reverb wireless dropper and avoid the “cable threading nightmare”.

I’m not familiar with this bike but removing the motor and battery may be necessary. It is on the Trek Rail.

You’d be happy with with the Reverb dropper …I am. 👍🏻

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Orbea Orrun 30
Ah! …okay. 👍🏻

The big disadvantage with the Reverb is the price and a slight weight increase. Otherwise it’s easy to install, good quality, cleans up the cockpit and you can take it off easily for service.

markloch

May 14, 2021
NorCal
Found the bike’s ”Blue Paper” - I have to hand it to Orbea, they don’t skimp on their documentation. Very thorough with exploded part diagrams, etc. Not clear whether the battery needs to be pulled to wire a dropper.

Elegant if complicated setup: the cables and wiring run through the stem into the head tube, and the electrical wiring for the thumb switch and optional lighting switch are routed through holes in the handlebars.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles