Upgrading to Mountain Bikes

ChrisCM

Nov 11, 2020
Cornwall
Thanks for letting me join.

I have recently placed orders for a couple of Cube Stereo Hybrid 140s, an SL for me in sand and a Race for my wife in grey. We are upgrading from a pair of Kathmandu Hybrids, which I think we’ll probably hang on to for now. We’ve found the Kathmandus great bikes and a pleasure to ride, but some of the trails we want to use, I think, would be too rough for them and I should hate to see them damaged.
My wife’s bike arrives in mid December and mine not till March! So the Kathmandus will still get a few more miles on them.
In the meantime we’re looking at accessories we’re going to need such as mudguards, kick stands, pedals etc, etc. Luckily Xmas is coming!
So any advice would be most welcome!

Chris

ChrisCM

Nov 11, 2020
Cornwall
That seems a bit Draconian, is that a Country, State or a private bike park?

I just don’t don’t like the idea of laying a 4 grand bike down in the mud/gravel, there never seems to be somewhere convenient to lean it upright

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
Your bikes are designed to be trashed, don't worry about it. Learn to either lean it up against a rock or tree, or lay it down without scratching it, it's not difficult. Having a kick stand on a mtb or emtb is inviting a trip to the ER, they can deploy when you don't want them to and pole vault you off of the trail. Unless you're into that sort of thing.....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles