Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
aaah…hold my beer.
IMG_6165.png

esselite

Jan 23, 2023
Poland
This Gold one is designed by rider and it allowed him to win races by few seconds. Some other person who used it, achieved Personal Best on Strava on the trail. So beauty is somehow on 2nd place for some of us. But it cost 400usd

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Orrrrr you could dig out your 70's chopper & put the apehangers on your bike. I watched Seths review of this & the most interesting point was that we have incrementally adjusted our body position over the years as geo has slightly changed whereas this might be the riding position in 10 years time.
If I recall, we called them monkeys bars, and now that I think of it…they weren’t that bad 🤔. Retro is cool nowadays 👍🏻

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Watched a video of this dude riding with these, it looks insane.
I don’t have any problems climbing, but I thought, with this stem, my front wheel would never touch the ground during climbs. It must be for a specific style of riding.

And that mod that @Mikeeb made for his stem looks impressive. 👍🏻

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
I made this one for my cube and my bad back , it has a set of race face direct mount clamps on it and with an adapter plate can move the bares forward/back & up /down View attachment 112198

Very interesting, what is the base?

I was super intrigued by the RR stem but I'm not spending $400 to try it out, something like this with a few clamp options would be a great way to do some experimenting

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
Bars not bares 😀
That's a pretty impressive setup. Necessity encourages creativity.
I've designed a pump stand that raises my MTB pump (& wingfoil/ inflatable sup pump) 300mm off the ground so I don't ping my dodgy lower back pumping up. I figure out of the hundreds of thousands of punters participating in these sports there might be 7 that would pay good money for it. Get in now at the ground floor with a sizeable startup investment before I go global :LOL:

RiderOnTheStorm

I made this one for my cube and my bad back , it has a set of race face direct mount clamps on it and with an adapter plate can move the bares forward/back & up /down
That's awesome! Some creative thinking @Mikeeb (y) I noticed that your setup raised the bar (no pun...) quite a bit similarly to adding spacers under the stem. What is your total stack height? How does it rides (comfort, downhill runs, etc)?

Mikeeb

Nov 24, 2022
Jockland ( central)
I’ll get some more pics up later on , the stem height is 42mm at the steerer clamp with 40 mm of spacers , the bar clamps in this guise give around 22 mm ( To bar ctr ) more lift , it’s around 35 mm stem length with the 35 dia bars
the bar clamps are intended for dh forks ( triple clamps as our colonial cuzzins call them
so the bolt into a 40,35 mm bolt pattern
this means you can make an intermediate mount plate that bolts the stem ( my one ) then the bar clamps can be bolted to the plate ,depending where you put the holes you can have a decent range of adjustability, and you can fine tune the lift by plate thickness changes or spacers
I’ll get some pics of the 3d printed prototype I made ( when I can find it )

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles