U.S. Turbo Levo Pricing - Discounts?

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Again...thanks for all the input. Picked up a 2020 Comp today. Tried to make a deal at a handful of shops here in the Phoenix area and all wanted to stick at list price. Granted stock is low right now and it is peak winter riding season here, so that probably plays into it a lot. I wanted Storm Gray and there were only two mediums (now one) within 200 miles of me. Specialized has them on backorder.

I was able to get them to set up tubeless but no further discount. Oh well....time to play.

Really? They’re 15% off at Specialized.com. At a minimum they should have matched that.

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
Really? They’re 15% off at Specialized.com. At a minimum they should have matched that.

What I see here:

Levo.jpg

2019 is listed at 10% off:
Levo2.jpg

bjmc

Dec 17, 2019
California
I live in the San Francisco Bay area and recently purchased a 2020 turbo levo comp at a local bike shop for about 10% off the retail. I shopped around at several local shops and decided to go with Scotts Valley Cyclery which is an hour drive from my home primarily because they were both knowledgeable and extremely accommodating. They bent over backwards to make the entire transaction as easy as possible. They also have a mobile service (The Bike Doctor) fully equipped to make house calls for any issue - which takes the sting out of being over an hour away.
In the end, I was very happy to give them the business and would have purchased the bike for full retail. I learned an important lesson from this transaction. It is more important that the shop be able to stay in business and be compensated fairly, than for me to save a couple of hundred dollars.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
I live in the San Francisco Bay area and recently purchased a 2020 turbo levo comp at a local bike shop for about 10% off the retail. I shopped around at several local shops and decided to go with Scotts Valley Cyclery which is an hour drive from my home primarily because they were both knowledgeable and extremely accommodating. They bent over backwards to make the entire transaction as easy as possible. They also have a mobile service (The Bike Doctor) fully equipped to make house calls for any issue - which takes the sting out of being over an hour away.
In the end, I was very happy to give them the business and would have purchased the bike for full retail. I learned an important lesson from this transaction. It is more important that the shop be able to stay in business and be compensated fairly, than for me to save a couple of hundred dollars.

So, you could have bought it for 10% off from Specialized.com - which is about as easy a transaction as you could get...and your LBS would have been paid the same (or more).

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
So, you could have bought it for 10% off from Specialized.com - which is about as easy a transaction as you could get...and your LBS would have been paid the same (or more).

Confused....are you in the U.S. looking at U.S. pricing?

Swan

Oct 19, 2019
North Idaho, US

The 2020 Levo is not 10% off. The 2019 is.

Between the bigger battery and the lyrik fork, you want the 2020 over the 2019.

And we actually don't make as much when customers use click and collect. We still would rather an in store purchase.

Screenshot_20200111-113617_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
Interesting thread...

I got to a demo day too late, so I couldn’t test ride a 2020 Levo Comp (not sure how many they had vs 2019’s to demo anyway)...they were all being ridden...so, I drove over to see if the shop sponsoring the demo day had any in stock to look at.

They told me they could get one from their warehouse in 15 minutes...

While I was waiting, I saw they were having a holiday “no sales tax on new bikes” sale...figured that saved me about $600, so I made an impulse buy.

I also assumed this is a high demand ebike and that they probably don’t make a lot of profit off it.

After I left with the bike, they called and told me they will also be sending me a $300 store gift card.

Lucky timing...

They set it up tubeless and swapped some parts the next day for me (grips, bars, pedals).

I didn’t find these forums until after I bought my bike...else I would have gone to Al’s shop, even though it is more of a drive for me.

Last edited:

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
I want to apologize for any confusion above - I did not realize you were looking for a 2020. The discounts I pointed out were for the 2019. Sorry for sharing incorrect info!

Deadeye

Oct 6, 2019
Florida
I had a customer threaten to buy it off the website if I didn’t give him a deal. I said it’s the same price on the website.
He bought it, and had it sent to my shop to assemble.
He said “you could have had my business”
I said “your idea of business will put me out of business”
I then explained to him that when Specialized sends me a bike to assemble that was purchased on their website, I get my full margin, directly from from Specialized

I bought a 2020 Levo in November and several shops encouraged me to order online for this reason - However I found out not all Specialized shops are registered for click-and-collect (even if they say they are) and one shop even wanted to charge me shipping. I ordered online but ended up having it delivered to a dealer an hour away because they had their #### together. Even if you order online, not all experiences will be the same...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles