Tyre pressures please

Paul C

Dec 28, 2020
west susssex
I'm tubeless they feel rock hard I'll check them in a bit.
I think they have forgot to do pressures tbh

Thanks for quick response

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I’ve got the DH22 tyres on mine, with tubeless conversion, all fitted by the shop before delivery, and the tyres are rock hard. I’ll need to drop some of the pressure before riding it.

Paul C

Dec 28, 2020
west susssex
Cheers Guys I let a good bit out rear didnt check pressures. Was very pleased was out 2½ hours in Sleat and snow chalky muddy rooty conditions.
Bikes far better than I am

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Get yourself a decent digital tyre pressure gauge and remove doubt about what pressure you have.

When you have spent time establishing what pressures work for you, when +/- 1psi can make the difference, then why not check its right?

Paul C

Dec 28, 2020
west susssex
I just wanted to get out on my new toy. So wasn't too fussed on being spot on.

My levers bars controls seat all need fine tuning.
I will work on that in the week when I have more time.

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
24 - 26 tubeless generally, I might drop it a tad if anticipating a technical wet rocky rooty ride.

Another vote for the Topeak D2 Pressure Gauge, just reliably takes the guesswork away (y)

But a few psi either way isn't going to kill anyone.

Ditto, 24-26 for me as well, I don't have the balls to try lower yet but I'm sure it would be fine.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Yeah the Topeak D2 is a great tool and light and small enough to carry in a backpack, I run 19 psi back and front and I’m 98kg, found this perfect for any of the gnarley trails in the Peak District

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I also have a D2 and agree that its a great bit of kit ..and well worth using on a regular basis if you are tubeless ..which I must admit I havent done for a while until going out on yesterday's ride ..
Those rims on the Whyte must be strong as the front was at 11psi and the rear 13..no wonder it's been grippy in the snow !
( usually 25 / 29)..oops!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I also have a D2 and agree that its a great bit of kit ..and well worth using on a regular basis if you are tubeless ..which I must admit I havent done for a while until going out on yesterday's ride ..
Those rims on the Whyte must be strong as the front was at 11psi and the rear 13..no wonder it's been grippy in the snow !
( usually 25 / 29)..oops!
Based upon my previous experience, I would suggest that you check how much free sealant you have in your tyres. My tyres hold pressure well, but as the free sealant declines, once it gets to a certain point I start losing pressure. Slowly at first and then increasing with time. Because I check my tyre pressure before every ride, I notice this change.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Good point..will do..I hadn't really thought about doing that as it still seems as if I only picked the bike up recently ..but its coming up on six months !
I've also got to get into the habit of checking the tyre pressures before every ride ..not just a quick thumb test..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles