Two minds - Canyon Spectral:ON

DeanWnchestr

Jul 14, 2018
Germany
Got it yesterday! I'm really happy with the purchase ?
But I need to do more adjustment on the rear shock,fork and seat position... not 100% happy with the settings yet.
20180724_102013.jpg
20180724_113332.jpg
20180724_144406.jpg
20180724_144422.jpg
IMG_20180724_170437_189.jpg

Some pictures of the first ride. I really love the 29er on front and 27.5 on rear! Makes it quite safe and still pretty playful at the same time.
Replaced the standart pedals with some matching HT Components PA03A flat pedals :)

Last edited:

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
You can deal direct with Madison re the motor, or you can use one of the dedicated Shimano service centres for things like diagnostics although the unit is about 200 quid anyway.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
That's not too bad actually. Is it actually available to the general public?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
TBH, if I thought a diagnostic tool was a worthwhile investment I'd be looking at different motors instead.

Dave

Jul 20, 2018
Rugby
TBH, if I thought a diagnostic tool was a worthwhile investment I'd be looking at different motors instead.
I see your point ... but I suppose if you were going to service and maintain your own bike it may be worth while having one.

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
well i could see this happening a mile off but didn’t want to admit it to myself, bike has been delayed.
Ordered it 3 weeks ago got confirmation email of shipping date between 23rd and 27th july. Must have been on their online chat every other day checking everything was ok as the tracking they gave me never seemed to get updated was always stuck on ‘confirmed’ (second stage), even 2 days ago was told not to worry it will be ok it will leave within the window given to you, ignore the tracking, it will go to preparing then shipped stages very quickly.
So i contact them again today saying look tomorrow will be the last day of dispatch and i’ve had no update to my tracking to which they came back with sorry it’s delayed and a new email with a mid august dispatch date.
To say i’m furious is an understatement, i took next week off work so i could get stuck into it but the real pisser for me is if i hadn’t have said anything i don’t think they would have bothered looking into it.
Customer service has been terrible really and i’m in 2 minds whether to cancel or not, trouble is there’s nothing else out there i fancy for the money.

Dave

Jul 20, 2018
Rugby
Yeah that's disgusting customer service .. I would defo hang on tho in your position .
It will be worth it when your on it in a couple of weeks

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
This is one of the reasons I am hesitant about ordering online. I really liked the canyon and the bulls but without a physical shop nearby then it puts doubts into ordering. This is were specialized amongst others have an advantage.
But on a positive if there is one ..you've waiting this long you might aswell wait a tad longer then make a decision if it's not shown up

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
This is one of the reasons I am hesitant about ordering online. I really liked the canyon and the bulls but without a physical shop nearby then it puts doubts into ordering. This is were specialized amongst others have an advantage.
But on a positive if there is one ..you've waiting this long you might aswell wait a tad longer then make a decision if it's not shown up

i know what you mean but it’s the principal of the thing for me i have been in regular contact and everything is fine then right at the last minute after i had prompted them to check again there’s suddenly a hitch that’s just happened today, course it has !!!

if only that new kenevo was a few hundred cheaper and didn’t have a small battery !!!

oh well i guess i’ll start the complaints procedure, see if i can get anything out of them - not holding my breath though.

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
Yes it's a right kick in the gonads but the end game is an excellent bike.
It takes the fun out of getting a new bike when you get messed about.
Isn't the kenevo battery a 504 ?

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
Yes it's a right kick in the gonads but the end game is an excellent bike.
It takes the fun out of getting a new bike when you get messed about.
Isn't the kenevo battery a 504 ?

could have sworn the new cheaper one is 430 or something like that

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Why don't you see if you can get a Vitus E-Sommett?

Cheaper, and just won the MBR e enduro group test against the Kenevo, Canyon and Focus

DeanWnchestr

Jul 14, 2018
Germany
well i could see this happening a mile off but didn’t want to admit it to myself, bike has been delayed.
Ordered it 3 weeks ago got confirmation email of shipping date between 23rd and 27th july. Must have been on their online chat every other day checking everything was ok as the tracking they gave me never seemed to get updated was always stuck on ‘confirmed’ (second stage), even 2 days ago was told not to worry it will be ok it will leave within the window given to you, ignore the tracking, it will go to preparing then shipped stages very quickly.
So i contact them again today saying look tomorrow will be the last day of dispatch and i’ve had no update to my tracking to which they came back with sorry it’s delayed and a new email with a mid august dispatch date.
To say i’m furious is an understatement, i took next week off work so i could get stuck into it but the real pisser for me is if i hadn’t have said anything i don’t think they would have bothered looking into it.
Customer service has been terrible really and i’m in 2 minds whether to cancel or not, trouble is there’s nothing else out there i fancy for the money.

oh man, that sucks so bad! Sorry to hear buddy :-/

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool

Cheaper, and just won the MBR e enduro group test against the Kenevo, Canyon and Focus
I've just been searching for that group test but I think it's in augusts edition

DeanWnchestr

Jul 14, 2018
Germany
Some pictures of today's tour and trail scouting.
20180726_173330.jpg
20180726_173828.jpg
20180726_174524.jpg

I'm super happy with the Spectral:ON! Only thing I'm going to replace are the handlebar grips. And I need to fine adjust the shifting. It's a little cranky, when I shift from 6 to 5 (or 5 to 4 I'm not 100% sure).
Happy with the Shock settings now, but now I need to adjust the pressure of the fork again. A little bit too much now..
I also changed the geometry of the frame a little bit. It's not as slack anymore, but it has a little bit more ground clearance now. I was struggling with a lot of pedal strikes!

Last edited:

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK

i’ll be honest i have no hate towards the e sommet the awards speak for themselves but i find it fugly and because of that wouldn’t consider it (sorry virus owners). Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I wouldn't deny its not the best looking bike, though a lot better in the flesh! The test rates the Vitus just ahead of the Canyon, its in the august issue, based of the price and geo.

I originally wanted a Kenevo, but then tested a Focus Jam, and loved the shimano motor, but anted a longer travel bike with an easily, removable battery. That took me to the canyon, and was about to pull the trigger till i joined the forum and saw the Vitus which was off my radar, and canyon told me i was looking at a 2 month lead time.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles