Turbo -Damned addictive

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Normally I go about everywhere(Urban peddler) on tour, with the occasional turbo for hills, into strong winds etc. But of late I've been using turbo until this morning when due to range dropped back down.
How frightfully boring :LOL: and i felt the need to click up a few notches back into turbo.

I think that sustained usage has left me addicted to it :oops:

Are there any more turbo addicts out there and where should I apply to get help ?.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Just ride for the next 100 miles with the power off, then switch it back on to Tour.
Thats actually not a bad idea, though I might limit it to 2 miles :LOL: Get into the low gears and try to propel a 52lb bike for a bit. Tour at that point will feel like it's heaven sent.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Normally I go about everywhere(Urban peddler) on tour, with the occasional turbo for hills, into strong winds etc. But of late I've been using turbo until this morning when due to range dropped back down.
How frightfully boring :LOL: and i felt the need to click up a few notches back into turbo.

I think that sustained usage has left me addicted to it :oops:

Are there any more turbo addicts out there and where should I apply to get help ?.
Yes definitely if you use turbo for anything other than a steep climb it's addictive. Short 20 mile runs I abuse it more.

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
My solution was to buy a spare battery. And then a second.

In all seriousness, I try to keep in trail as much as possible as I knew otherwise I'd just use turbo all the time and then want more power. Having the motor die 15miles from the house did help reset my view on the assistance given though... I had to check the brakes hadn't got stuck on at the same time!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles